PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ANNA SUI ROUGE M LIPSTICK IN 350


 Here’s an initial review on ANNA SUI ROUGE M LIPSTICK IN 350

 PRICE: 34SGD
PLACE BOUGHT: WISMA ASTRIA, SINGAPORE

OTHER LOCATIONS: ONLINE; STRAWBERRY.NET  

SITE DESCRIPTION (ANNA SUI HK WEBSITE):
Create soft and elastic half-matte lips filled with pureness, prominence and freshness.   


THE VERDICT:

When I first saw the Anna Sui counter in Wisma Astria in my first-ever trip to Singapore, I fell in love with the counter right away. It’s a standout amongst the common, girly-themed makeup counters. It’s dominantly black and violet. It’s like a mystical fairy’s dresser! I immediately went to it and purchased my first- ever Anna Sui product, which is a loose powder. Too bad it didn’t work well on me.

If there’s one thing I like about Anna Sui, it’s their packaging: Black with lovely Victorian roses and details, which happens to be the brand's trademark design. I never knew plastic can look so good! I also have a penchant for flowers because it makes everything look pretty, and it instantly perks up a boring table or dresser. I like roses in particular. That’s why my BF would always give me roses on extra special occasions. And I also love rose- scented linen and room sprays, and even perfumes (particularly TBS’s Morrocan Rose and L'Occitane Rose Verbena).

But I digress. Apart from the lovely rose detailed packaging, all the products are rose- scented too! And that makes me love Anna Sui's stuff so much.

Anna Sui’s Rouge M lipstick has a powdery matte finish. It comes in different variants:

AS Rouge G- Glossy (ultra glossy shades with luster color pay- off)
AS Rouge S- Shimmer (velvet lipsticks with shimmer)
AS Rouge M- Matte (velvet satiny, matte lipsticks)
AS Rouge V- Velvet (Rich, creamy, pigmented lippies)  


This is actually the new AS lippie packaging. It’s quite pretty, but I find the old packaging better. It exudes the theme and feel of Anna Sui: mystery and seduction. Here’s a pic of the old packaging below:  


Fabulous, eh?


New Anna Sui Packaging (Oh please, stop evolving from here!)


But I still love the rose design on top of the lipstick cover anyway.  



Here’s a swatch of the product on my skin. 350 looks neon pink in the tube but it is definitely light and wearable. There’s a bit of warmness with the color but at the same time, there’s a bit of brightness with it. I think it’s a midtone rose color. 


Here’s the lipstick on my lips. The texture is like velvet wax. It can be compared to the texture of NYX Round Lipsticks, but AS lippies feel more lightweight on the lips. Pigmentation is good, although it will take you a few swipes to make the color appear on your lips. But what I like about it is that the coverage is completely controllable. 


And here is moi wearing the lipstick. In terms of staying power, it stays on and will last you for a good three hours. If you don’t like scented or rose- scented lippies in particular, then this may not be good for you. But in my opinion, the scent is just light-- it's not overpowering. It doesn’t make me feel light- headed at all.

I’d love to buy more Anna Sui lippies but I have to see ‘em in actual. But for now, I will enjoy my 350!  

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. That lippy looks good on you sis! :)
    and i like their new packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea: thank you! well, the new packaging is pretty decent but i like the old one more. it's very anna sui. oh you should see the new packaging. they're totally cheap and horrible! i hope they stop on this evolution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi martha! i love the color on you!
    and the packaging is so pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cha: thank you sis! that's what i like about anna sui. they have the most gorgeous packaging ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops! i mean old packaging! lol sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. buzz me once you decide to let go of this! haha! :P pretty color! you look gorgeous sis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dimples: ahahaha. sobrang dami rin nag- buzz sa akin. since gemini ako alam na alam nyo nang baka ibenta ko ito sooner or later. :) ifi-free post ko sya then unahan na lang. bwahaha! :) that is, kung ibebenta ko. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martha dear, tanong ko lang where in Wisma Astria is the Anna Sui counter located? Perhaps you might remember certain landmarks or if it's inside a department store or what ^.^ thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)