PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: BOBBI BROWN CREAMY CORRECTOR IN DARK PEACH+HOW TO USE PROCEDURE

Here's an initial review on BOBBI BROWN CREAMY CONCEALER CORRECTOR IN DARK PEACH

PRICE: 1250PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: BOBBI BROWN, RUSTANS, MAKATI CITY
OTHER LOCATIONS: BOBBI BROWN, RUSTANS, SHANGRI- LA MALL, MANDALUYONG CITY

THE VERDICT:

I have serious dark circles. My MAC concealer can actually tolerate them but the MAC concealer fades a bit during the day, so my dark circles are somewhat revealed.

My longest record of usage for a concealer is 4 years. My MAC Studio Finish lasted me that long. But right ow, after 6 months, I've almost hit the bottom of my Studio Sculpt. It's either my dark circles are that bad, or the product is not great. Well, I think it's a bit of both.

The very nice SA named Linda introduced me to Bobbi Brown's correctors. All shades are meant for correcting purplish, black, dark brown, or vein- y under eye skin.

According to the website, Bobbi Brown carefully selected the colors so as to cover each and every under eye discoloration problem of each and every woman in any skin color. The correctors come in shades ranging from light to dark with peach undertones. Peach undertones help neutralize discolorations.

So let's now review the product. Let's review first the packaging.

First, the packaging is small and compact. The old Bobbi Brown concealers come in a twist cover pot. This new design is very convenient, and the mirror inside is a great plus for quick touch- ups.

The actual product is quite small, in my opinion. You might think that it's too steep for 1250php but let me change your initial reaction. :)

The texture of Bobbi Brown's creamy concealer corrector is very creamy, and almost whipped. Others might say that oily skinned gals should skip this because this will run off during the day. I have oily skin, but great products really give you a run for your money. According to the official BB website, it is intended for any skin types. Indeed, it is! The concealer never faded during the day. In fact, it even made my MAC Studio Sculpt concealer last longer!

This baby blends evenly and easily. And if you think that the size of the product is too small, fear not, the pigmentation is very good so a little goes a long way.

It has a very slight perfume smell. You can't even smell it, unless you smell closely.

Actually, I can even use this alone! The effect of the corrector is it adjusts the discolorations to your normal skin tone. I've tried using this without any concealer, and I love that it even made my morena skin look vibrant. My face also seemed even with my skin color!

USING THE BOBBI BROWN CORRECTOR ALONE AND ON TOP OF MAC'S STUDIO SCULPT

Here's my bare under eye.

Apply a good amount of the corrector. Make sure the entire under eye is covered. Apply the product with a concealer brush for precise application.

TIP: AFTER COVERING YOUR UNDER EYES WITH THE PRODUCT, WARM A FINGER BY RUBBING IT AT THE BACK OF YOUR HAND AND SLOWLY DAB THE CORRECTOR FOR IT TO SET. AFTER THE CONCEALER HAS SETTLED A BIT, WIPE INWARDS SLIGHTLY, ALTERNATING WITH THE DABBING MOTION. DO THIS UNTIL THE CORRECTOR HAS COMPLETELY COVERED THE DARK CIRCLES.

Now the corrector has settled on my under eye.

Here are my under eyes, covered with the corrector. Notice that my dark circles are already even with my skin tone. The slight peach tone is quite visible, but it evens out when set with a powder that's almost the same shade as my skin tone.

*Using the corrector itself might not be applicable to some skin tones. I am just lucky because Dark Peach is almost an NC42 shade, which is my 90% shade match.

FOR THE BRIGHTENING EFFECT, USE A CONCEALER ON TOP OF THE CORRECTOR

It is advisable to use Bobbi Brown's creamy concealers because the colors will complement each other. But any good concealer will do. I used my MAC Studio Sculpt concealer to make my eyes appear brighter.

Apply the concealer on your under eyes when the corrector has settled. Do the same procedure in applying the corrector. Apply with a concealer brush also for precise application.

Concealer finally applied

Here's a comparison picture. My left under eye has the corrector and a concealer, while the right eye only has the corrector. In my opinion, the one with the concealer made my eyes appear bright and fresh, while the one with the corrector made my dark circles even with my skin tone. I actually like both effects. :)

Here are both under eyes with MAC Studio Sculpt. Goodbye dark circles! :)

I've always loved Bobbi Brown's products. Now, I'm loving them even more. Though they're quite expensive, the quality of the brand's products really give you a run for your money because their products have excellent staying power and pigmentation. So I'm expecting that this small pot will last me for around 2 years or more. :)


Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Awesome! I've been wondering for some time if this was available in our local BB counters- no idea cause I live all the way in alabang. Do they have a good range of shades available? Lemming ko to and badly want to try it on my extreme dark circles. Glad for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ida: thanks for visiting! :) they have around 5 shades for the corrector ata. :) Bobbi Brown is available in Rustans Makati City and Shangri- La Mall, Mandaluyong City. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)