PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC STUDIO FIX FLUID FOUNDATION WITH SPF 15 (NW33)

Here's an initial review on MAC STUDIO FIX FLUID FOUNDATION IN NW33

PRICE: 1350php ($26.50)
PLACE BOUGHT: MACCOSMETICS.COM
OTHER LOCATIONS: MAC STORES (GLORIETTA 4, DUTY FREE, SHANGRI- LA MALL, POWERPLANT MALL, ROCKWELL)

DESCRIPTION (TAKEN FROM TEMPTALIA.COM)

M∙A∙C forges ahead with a three-in-one force: Powder, Foundation and Tinted Moisturizer altogether. First, Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder blurs the line between skincare and makeup, with a pressed texture that beautifies as it benefits. Gives a sheer to medium, smooth, even coverage for a flawlessly soft and even tone with caring, comforting properties. Studio Fix Fluid and Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15 shade extensions fill in all the gaps. A broad, all-inclusive shade range means M∙A∙C Artists can cover everybody, one beautiful conquest at a time. Call your clients most in need of convincing, and watch what happens!

Photo Credits: temptalia.com

THE VERDICT:

I've been using the powder version for more than 2 years already. And I swear by it when it comes to coverage and finish. And this love for Studio Fix got me curious if the fluid version is as good as the powder one.

NW33 is released as one of the newest shades in the Future Face collection. This, along with the new shades are part of the permanent line of Studio Fix.


I should've gotten a foundation pump. The foundation is in one of those messy-to-use bottles. Be extra careful if you're using it because the bottle is made of glass. If you knock it off your table or dresser, this will break into pieces.

NW33 is a caramel shade with a pink undertone. I wanted to get the NW42, but it seemed as if the shade is too dark for my skin tone. I wanted to get something from the NC shades but sometimes, NC shades are too cool or too yellow for my skin.

Here's my cheek without anything on.

With the MAC Studio Fix Fluid.

The formula is unscented. The consistency is creamy, though a tad runny. It's spreadable, and a little goes a long way. I use my fingers to blend foundation, as I find using tools too time consuming.

Surprisingly, it dries to a matte finish. That means it's helping in keeping my oilies at bay.

Here's my face with the SFF but sans powder. Coverage is medium to heavy. It did cover some of the red and dark marks left by acne. However, the pinkish undertone is going against my yellow- toned skin, which explains why my face turned a shade lighter than my neck and shoulders.

Here's a pic when I finally set the foundation with my Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder. At least, the dark shade of the powder balanced out the lightness of the foundation. Finally, my face matched the tone on my neck and shoulders. In actual, the color of my face is completely tolerable. It's also photo- friendly too. My face ain't sticking out in pictures. :)

I should've gotten an NW40+. But at least, when I turn a shade lighter and lose my golden tone over the next couple of months, NW33 shade will look more natural on me.

After around 8 hours of wear, my face still looked matte and fresh. Take note that I only had to retouch my face twice during wear. That's a good sign because oily- skinned people like me will benefit from this foundation. It did oxidize within the day (just a bit!) due to the very hot and humid weather in the Philippines. But I'm happy to report that I still saw a trace of foundation on my face after a long day.

Will I buy this again? Prolly not, because the coverage is so good, it will take me ages before I can finish this foundation. And I'm turned- off by the packaging. It's heavy and messy to use. But if you don't mind the horrible packaging, then give this a shot. It's worth your dough. :)

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. I found out that NW33 was a better match for me. I was using NW35 before and it was too orange on me. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. summer: nw33 is a bit pinkish on me though. But I love the foundation, nevertheless. Thanks for visiting! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)