HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL

Hello everyone! It's HELL WINDY and I think today will be a very rainy day. Seems like Pedring ain't the typhoon you should mess around with, so STAY INDOORS LATER!

After taking a bathroom break from all that net surfing, I saw Denver happily rolling and twisting on the floor as I emerged from the bathroom. That's what he does every night to amuse himself if he's not yet sleepy. But deep inside, I know this dog is hurting.

Last Saturday, I brought Denver to the Makati Cat and Dog Hospital for his Anti- Rabies and Heartworm prevention vaccination shots. I also had him groomed 'cos he was really smelly and had long nails.

I told the Doctor that he only has a "ball". I always tell this fact to Denver's vets because it's such a great way to break that awkward silence between you and the vet (LOL)!

The doctor went up to Denver and touched his ball area. I told him that the person who sold Denver to me told me that he had a "luslos". I don't know what the English translation of this medical term is. So if there are doctor or nurse readers out there, maybe you could help me out. And thank you too in advance!

Then the doctor said that it ain't "luslos". It's an hereditary abnormality which he has unfortunately inherited. See, his other "ball" grew inside him, and it's applying so much pressure on his innards. If he doesn't get the right treatment, he will develop tumors on his intestines which will eventually lead to cancer.

This news broke my heart. I wanted to tell the doctor that I want Denver to undergo surgery right then and there, but it costs 15k.

But this doesn't mean I'm giving up on my dog and let him wilt, suffer, and die. The world is full of opportunities and I will gladly take every single opportunity if that means the healing of my beloved Denver.

As of now, Denver is already three years old. Meaning he's dealing with this pain for three years now. Imagine your fingers growing downwards as your body evolves. Imagine that you can't do anything with your long and sharp fingernails as they grow inside your arms, piercing and tearing every ligament and tissue. Imagining it myself makes my stomach churn. That's how I would describe Denver's pain.

Denver doesn't complain. 8 months ago, he just sat in that small cage in Cartimar panting and suffering, yet happily wagging his tail at every person who would take a peek at his cage, hoping that someone would care to bring him home. Thank God I saw him. From 19kgs, he's now a big and heavy Golden boy at 25kgs. According to the doctor, he's very healthy. But soon enough, he will develop tumors inside his tummy, unless he gets that much- needed operation.


"Hello dear readers of my mommy's beauty blog. As you all know, I am Denver, Martha's beloved Golden Retriever. I drool a lot, wet the floor a lot, pee and poop a lot, and eat a ton. But Martha loves me for that. Every night, I would gladly wait for her to descend from the top of our house 'cos she feeds me three slices of bread every night to keep the grumble in my tummy at bay before feasting on my dog food cereal in the morning. But I think there's something wrong with me. I can't help but let out small squeaks at night. Martha would wake me up and would do Human- Speak that I totally can't understand. But I know she's concerned. I can see it in her eyes. I wish I could tell her that something's painful, but all I can do is just stare back at her, hoping that she'll find out why I squeak a lot at night. I'm always full but something inside hurts. Is it food? I know it ain't. Something's covering my tummy. And it's really painful. Sometimes, I don't feel like playing, but I don't want to disappoint Martha and her family. But ya know that sharp, piercing pain? It's unbearable. I wanna bite them sometimes if they squeeze my tummy too hard whenever they're playing with me. But I can't bite them. I love them. So I just stand up and walk away and lie under the table. *Sighs* I hope one day the terrible pain goes away....'Cos I wanna play with Martha more."


I've been practicing and mastering the "Law of Attraction" lately, and I am a witness to the many miracle stories of people who have succeeded with the Law of Attraction. Denver needs P15,000.00 for his castration surgery, medicine, doctor's fee, lodging, and surgery supplies. I believe that the universe blesses all those who love unconditionally and give without expecting anything in return. Truth be told, this dog does nothing for me. He eats and sleeps all day. But like how a mother would care for her child, that's how I would care for Denver. I know it sounds silly, but Denver and I have this special connection. God gave him to me because he knows that I have the power to give life to this poor dog. And I will take care of him for as long as I could!

**A few minutes ago, while typing the final part of this entry, a beloved someone sent me an SMS saying that he will donate 5k for Denver's operation. That is the force of the universe at work. All I can say is that the Law of Attraction has changed my life so much. "ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE."

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. dont lose hope martha..just keep on praying..my dog died last aug.o5..may nakasagasa sa kanya..i let him go out of the house bcoz he freaks out nung cnavi kong papaliguan ku xa..i gave him time to play and umuwi sya kala ko napilayan lang yun pala na bump ng car..ang sakit nun kase almost 3 years na sya and he my bestfriend..now im taking care of a puppy and love him tulad ng love ko to my beloved dog named kym..i feel your pain..dont lose hope...God bless you and your dog..I'll pray for it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. alpha: thank you! Awww...that's terrible! I'm sure your dog is in the rainbow bridge right now. :D I'm sure he's playing with my King and Shaq. :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)