FOTD: Purple Variation

Do you ever find yourself wanting to wear a particular blush, lipstick, and eyeshadow, but it just so happens that they all have the same shade/color? How do you get what you want in the end without looking like the color's muse? Here's what I did.

Today, I wanted to wear my NYX Flamingo eyeshadow, MAC Rebel, and MAC Coygirl blush, but realized that they all have purple/berry shades and undertones. So here's how I made them compliment each other.


Light-Medium-Dark: Always remember this combination. You have to choose what part you want to focus on. As for me, I wanted to focus on my lips (Dark), so I had to tame down my eyes and cheeks. I used MAC's Coygirl blush on my cheeks (Medium), and used sheer violets, purples, and gray on my eyes (Light).

If ever your preferred shades are all light, medium, or dark, you can still work them by combining them with other colors.


Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. Ang ganda ng Rebel. Is it too loud for daytime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang fierce ng lips! I love this look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think that MAC rebel is one of the best lippy for you dear! Bagay po talaga sa inyo ang color. I'm afraid to wear purple / lilac eyeshadows,parang nagmumuka akong tired, maybe mali yung process ko. Or the combination. I'll take note this tips of yours Ms.Martha!Oh by the way, your hair looks great here too! Did you use the Dove shampoo and conditioner here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puede na pang boho look. I love it! As usual, you look awesome here po. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i love the lip color! like badass! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the brows and the lip shade, the eye shade i am trying to blend one color with another maski sheer lang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooot! MAC Rebel looks great on you. and I love how you applied the soft purple shadow. makes the look puuurfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! love love the make up... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. woow..ang ganda..ganun pala dapat pag nag me make up. kaylangan mag focus ka sa isa..thanks for the tips..you look lovely in violet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. anythinggoes: Hello there! It could be, especially if you're fair. :)

    gellie: thanks! :D

    jen: thanks jen! I used dove's straight and silky+snoe beauty hair heroes. :)

    kath and tala: thanks! :D

    gerilen: thanks! :D

    magz: thanks! :D

    Hollie: hey there Hollie! Welcome again and thank you! :)

    alpha: yup. that's how it is. :)

    charina: thanks dear and welcome to TBJ! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)