Review: Royal Effem Glamour Effem lipstick in 713

Here’s a review on Royal Effem Glamour Effem lipstick in 713

PRICE: P1,100.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Royal Effem Philippines (they don’t have stalls or counters in malls. They only accept direct orders as of the moment)
OTHER LOCATIONS: Please refer to ROYAL EFFEM’S FB FAN PAGE


THE VERDICT:

During Mr. and Mrs. Bustos (Official RE distributors in the Philippines) and I’s meet- up, I asked Mrs. Sarah Bustos which RE lipstick is their best- seller. She showed me a couple of pinks, and this particular shade. I felt my knees go weak at the sight of Glamour Effem’s 713. As you all know, red lipstick is my kryptonite. The BF would always tell me that I already have A LOT of red lipsticks, but I simply couldn’t get enough of it! So yah, I got it. Yay! :D

Glamour Effem is Royal Effem’s premiere lipstick line. Glamour Effem lipsticks are rich, have a soft texture, and opaque finish.

Tube is made of a sturdy kind of plastic. It is lightweight, and it fits perfectly in any makeup kit.



713 is a deep tomato red shade with a satin to matte finish. It’s one of the great red shades that make teeth look whiter. It has anti- aging ingredients such as peptides to prevent lips from turning wrinkly as you age. It visibly plumps lips in an instant because it fills in fine lines. Check out the lip swatch.

What I love most about this lipstick is its texture. It glides on easily, unlike some lipsticks that need to be rubbed on for a few times before they show up on my lips. One swipe delivers an impressive color payoff.


I love how it makes my face look fresh and bright!

It has a mild perfume smell, which reminds me of Dior and Guerlain’s luxurious lipsticks. It has a mild bitter taste at first, but it goes away after a few minutes. Laboratori Royal has explained that the mild bitter taste is present in this particular shade due to its pigments. Methinks they didn’t include any substance to mask the taste, so that means it may have lesser chemicals in it.


Staying power is awesome. It transfers some color on anything that comes in contact with my lips (which is inevitable for red lipsticks), but I find that the lipstick persists to stay. But if I'm not using my lips that often whenever I'm wearing this, I don't have to retouch anymore!

Will I buy one again? Of course I will, but I'd love to try out Totally Lipstick (one of Royal Effem’s lipstick lines), particularly shade 008. 008 (a bright blue- based pink) is the best- selling shade from the Totally Lipstick line. In fact, I already have it. But since I’m kind, I’m giving it away to one loyal TBJ fan plus a Royal Effem Luminous Eyeshadow duo to boot! :D

Post a Comment

16 Comments

  1. Cute ng last pic! :D

    I'm developing a liking for red lipsticks too kaso too scared to wear them out in the day! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a couple of deep red shade lipstick from Avon and Revlon, bigay ng mga friends. sometimes kapag bored red lipstick ginagamit ko even sa work. hehe. medyo expensive ang Royal Effem, pero ganda ng shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for red! How does the color compare to Old Hollywood and the other famed reds? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the 2nd to the last pic :) haven't tried any red lipstick eversince, I'm scared din :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear i envy you kasi beautiful ang red lippie sayo @_@ hehe.. i prefer dark shades and nudes -_- kasi hindi bagay sakinr ed lipstick. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, it seems like you're ready na for tomorrow's heart's day. Lustrous Red talaga xa. I like. ;)

    Ms. Martha, Advance Happy Valentines! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so that's why tomato red looks like. ang taray ng lips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gulay! I've been dreaming of having a very pigmented red lippy! And i think I found what I am looking for, but it's way too much expensive for me! hehehehe Pang Royal ang effect! The lippy is so pigmented Ms.Martha! I can see it clearly on the pictures how pretty it is! I Love it! I have yellowish teeth that's why it's hard for me to smile whenever I wear pink lipstick.

    I'll try my luck na lang to win those fabulous gifts of yours, cause that's the only way I can have those Royal things! hehehe Cute ng pictures nyo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would love to have a red lipstick..maganda kase hindi agad nag fefeade yung color nya unlike other lipsticks..ganun kase yung problem ko sa mga lipsticks ko..and they leave nasty tints too that's why i have to retouch from time to time..but this one's so expensive.. thanks for sharing!..it seems like youre ready to give a smooch :D you look sophisticated as always but a lot more with red lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a sucker for red lipsticks too! Instant face brightener and very sophisticated ang dating :)

    Btw, that shades looks lovely on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. janine: you shouldn't! it's such a gorgeous color. :) you can try poppy reds first, as they're less striking than brighter and deeper reds. :)

    kath: just find the right color for you dear :)

    tala: super! happy valentines day too! :)

    jakie: yup! sort of orange-ish in appearance. :)

    jen: thanks for sharing dear! :)

    alpha: thanks dear! :D it's expensive, I know. but ack! it's so pretty and worth it! :p

    sara: hey there! :D for one, its texture. It's very smooth, unlike MAC. It's also non-drying. Hollywood reds are deeper, and most of them are either true reds or blue- based reds. But this one's different. It's somewhere in between guerlain rouge g in geisha and mac ruby woo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that the effem red tomato lippie made your face look brighter and more glamorous.

    I love red lipstick, it makes me feel sexy and confident when wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aidisan: thank you! :D

    theresa: thanks dear! btw, I already shipped your gift. let me know if you already got it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! Let's make the rest of the days Valentines day. <3

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)