Review: VMV Hypoallergenics Velvet Matte and Glitz Lipsticks


Here's a collective review on VMV Hypoallergenics Velvet Matte and Glitz Lipsticks

PRICE: Sale at P750.00 each (Original price: P1000.00)
PLACE BOUGHT: VMV Hypoallergenics, Bonifacio High Street, Taguig City
OTHER LOCATIONS: Please refer to VMV HYPOALLERGENICS' WEBSITE


THE VERDICT:

Remember when I went on an impulsive VMV lipstick haul last January? Here are they. Finally, here's what I think about them.


Velvet Matte Variants: Babe, Gilda, Copa; Glitz: Drama Queen

VMV's lipsticks are definitely one of the friendliest lipsticks I've ever encountered. They're 90% dye- free, paraben- free, hypoallergenic, non- comedogenic, non- drying, and non- darkening. So gals with sensitive lip skin, indulge!



The packaging is an unusual box made from recycled paper, and letters were printed using soya- based ink. My gosh! They really took their friendliness seriously! But I'm glad VMV's doing their best to lessen their environmental footprints. :) That's why I strongly support this brand. BTW, VMV also encourages their patrons to leave their product boxes behind so VMV could still use it for the next stocks. Some might think that it's extortion, but it ain't. Come to think of it, what are you going to do with those boxes anyway? (unless you're giving your VMV purchases as gifts). So be kind to Mother Earth and recycle your boxes by leaving 'em in the store and supporting VMV's noble advocacy.

L-R: Babe, Gilda, Drama Queen, Copa


The lipsticks come in a sleek, shiny and gorgeous recycled silver bullet tube. It's compact and lightweight, perfect to bring with you anywhere.

Check out my swatches below:


DRAMA QUEEN: Is a glimmery lipstick with a satin finish. Unfortunately, I lost Drama Queen when I was out with a couple of friends for dinner last February. :( So I can't provide a swatch pic for it. Drama Queen is a dark red shade with a brown undertone. It has slight silver glimmers that ain't disturbing at all.


GILDA


Gilda is a medium brown shade with an orange undertone.


I like it because it enhances my tan. :)


COPA


Copa is a hot pink lipstick with a slight lilac undertone.



I love the way it gives my face this nice, feminine glow. It's my second most favorite shade.


BABE


Babe is a lovely bright pink coral lipstick. It was recently featured in Vogue U.S. as one of their best beauty picks for the prom season.


And it's my most favorite shade among the four.

Let's now go into the details, shall we?

The lipsticks are fragrance- free, and they don't have any taste at all. The texture and consistency of the Velvet Matte lippies remind me of Illamasqua's Matte Lipsticks: creamy and NON- DRYING (that's why I love it!), and the softness of the colors reminds me of Anna Sui's Rouge M lipsticks.

The lipsticks are opaque and pigmented. You'll get a good dose of color in a swipe. When it comes to staying power, the Velvet Mattes hold up pretty well. But like any other lipstick, you'd have to reapply them after eating and drinking. The Glitz, on the other hand, fades quickly because of its finish. But at least it does not slide around my lips.

Price is pretty steep, but it's worth it because these lipsticks are already so close to being harmless. I would highly recommend this to girls with perpetually dry lips, and are dreaming of wearing matte lipsticks. The consistency of the Velvet Matte lipsticks is very moisturizing. And no ma, it won't make your lips peel and flake (at least on me).

If you're also looking for a nice red lipstick, I would suggest you check out these lovely reds from the Velvet Matte Line called Va-Va Voom and Coquette. :)

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. I thought the Babe shade is a too much red lipstick, but after reading the post, It's a pretty bright coral po pala :) All of them suits you po, pero I think the Babe is the perfect one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. nice shades. i like vmv too. sad lang kasi na eexpire-an ako ng make up items, ko i rarely use them. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babe looks really gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. clee: thanks and welcome to tbj! :D

    jenny: the lighting in some of the photos suck eh. :p

    jakie: awwwww. sayang nga!

    issa: thanks! :D

    don: it is! huhuhuhu. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. babe, i love you..and i wanna have you,,LOL :D..kiddind aside..i really wanna have this..babe looks great with you..haba ng hair :D domo :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. babe is my fav and I was a bit surprised with copa! hahaha :) akala ko dark color siya.. hindi pala :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. alpha: haha. :D

    jhenz: darn that lighting! but yeah, copa's a nice pink shade. far from scary at all!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)