Review: Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper


Here's a review on Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper

PRICE: P700.00+
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: The Balikbayan Box Sale online shop


THE VERDICT:

For my birthday, I got myself a couple of Lime Crime goodies from The Balikbayan Box Sale store, and Cloe Closa, one of the owners, was kind enough to throw in a mini pot of Lime Crime's eyeshadow primer. I'm currently loving it because it works just like Urban Decay's iconic Primer Potion.


This is the actual size of the product.


While the one I got is this. The size is pretty okay for me since I still have a lot of eye primers to empty anyway. And don't you dare belittle this baby, because it's so small but terrible: The pot is filled to the brim, and the product is so good, you don't need a lot per use! Click READ MORE and find out why it's a cheaper alternative of Urban Decay's Primer Potion!


It only comes in one color: a light beige shade with a slight yellow undertone. However, it goes on transparent so it can't cover heavy discolorations, but the slight yellow tint gives my lids a touch of glow.


Texture is rich and creamy, and consistency is comparable to silicone primers. It dries off quickly, and to a matte finish. However, you can't blend it anymore when it sets on your lids. So make sure you blend it evenly while it's still in its creamy state to prevent creating patches on your lid area. A dollop is enough to cover both lids.


Lime Crime's Eyeshadow Helper makes colors appear more vivid. But I have to admit that it really takes some effort when blending eyeshadows onto it, just like UDPP. But I find that a dense brush does the trick--it helps disperse colors easily and evenly. I use my fluffier eyeshadow blending brushes from Suesh to work eyeshadows onto it.


Staying power is great. The lighting in the pic on the right is quite bad, but in person, the eyeshadows and eyeliner remained intact on my lid for 8 hours. There was minimal fading, but it wasn't that obvious. For reference, I have extremely oily lids, and the Eyeshadow Helper has persisted! Take note that the eye makeup was worn during a very hot and humid day, and look! My makeup still looks decent!

If you are wondering how UDPP works, but can't really allot the budget for it, I suggest you get Lime Crime's Eyeshadow Helper because it's almost like UDPP: Consistency, color, and staying power is definitely at par with UDPP! If you're also wary about chemicals such as Parabens and the likes, you'll love Lime Crime because it's a Vegan makeup line, meaning they only use natural ingredients. They're a Cruelty- Free brand too!

Please visit The Balikbayan Sale Box on Facebook for inquiries and orders.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Ang cute ng lalagyan :D UDPP and Etude Proof 10 lang alam ko. Thanks for sharing :) Btw, do I need to use this kahit eyeliner lang nilalagay ko? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging is so cute! I need this for my eyelid tend to be oily.:)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)