Review: LipIce Mentholatum Lipbalms


Here's a review on LipIce Mentholatum Lipbalms

PRICE: P89.75
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in all Watson's branches nationwide


THE VERDICT:

Windburn season is here! If your lips are flaking and peeling consistently during the cold season, (Martha raises her hand) you better have a lipbalm in your bag ALWAYS. Never ever moisturize your lips using your own saliva, because you're just going to transfer bacteria onto your lips! Besides, it's gross!

I received LipIce's complete Mentholatum lipbalm range a couple of weeks ago, and here's what I think about them. Click READ MORE and find out why I love using this, especially during night time.


I like cooling lip balms because the peppermint extract helps alleviate pain whenever I accidentally peel hanging skin off my lips. It plumps my lips naturally, and helps keep my breath smelling minty as well. LipIce's lipbalms are gentle, and give your lips a nice cool feeling, unlike other overloaded minty lipbalms that sting.


It comes in four different flavors: (L-R) Apple, Strawberry, Lemon, Black Currant, Mandarin Orange. My personal favorites are Lemon and Apple.


It has a soft, workable texture, and goes on smoothly. It doesn't feel waxy and sticky too.


I like its finish because it's not too wet. I use it underneath lipgloss, lip tints, and satin/glossy lipsticks for extra protection and moisturization. Since my lips are going bonkers recently due to the weather, I use this a "night cream"-- I apply it liberally on my lips before I go to sleep. I've been doing it for a month and I'm so pleased with the results: my lips have gotten softer, and the flaky areas were minimized.

Overall, it's pretty great. It's very cheap, and it delivers. I recommend it to beauties on a budget, people who love minty lipbalms, and those who are dealing with chapped lips.

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. nice review! :) my lips are chapping like crazy too because of our weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does its moisturizing power on par with Carmex?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this in strawberry! I love it to bits! :)

    ~Elle
    http://littellebratontheloose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always see this in Watson! Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. elle: i love that variant too! :D

    lechique: get one dear! it's very affordable. :)

    heidy: almost. if you want something that's more emollient, I suggest you go for carmex. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)