Review: Miss Bella Color Bella 177 Colors Makeup Palette


Here's a review on Miss Bella Cosmetics Color Bella 177 Colors Makeup Palette

Price: P1,350.00
Bought From: Free
Other Locations: Exclusively available in Miss Bella PH on Facebook

THE VERDICT:

Miss Bella, a local shop on Facebook that carries cosmetics and beauty solutions such as accessories organizers and acrylic cosmetic drawers has sent me last year their biggest, most complete, and bad-a$$ premium makeup palette, the Color Bella Palette. It consists of 177 shades of eyeshadows in matte and shimmer finishes, plus three contouring powders. It also comes with free dual- ended eyeshadow applicators and rubber sponges. This is the BIGGEST makeup palette I've ever owned.

Let's check out the product!

MISS BELLA COLOR BELLA 177 COLORS MAKEUP PALETTE IN DETAIL

Packaging feels lightweight yet a little flimsy, but I gotta admit that it's quite innovative: Miss Bella was able to squeeze everything in this foldable and tote-able case. It's even smaller in terms of width than their 120 pc. eyeshadow palette. The red string gave the makeup box a cute, paper bag- like appeal.

When you open the box, you are welcomed by a ton of matte eyeshadows in neutrals and colorful variants. You might go and say "Oohhh...Aaahhh...So many..."

BUT WAIT. THERE'S MORE.





 When you pull the pans of the matte eyeshadows to the side, it reveals an arsenal of makeup that will just make you exclaim "WOW!" Look, it even has a handy mirror!

Here are tighter shots of the other areas of the palette:

I got 5 dual- ended applicators so that makes 10. There are six extra colorful shimmer eyeshadows on this part and color- wise, they're more intense than the other rainbow colors.

Shimmer Colorful Eyeshadows

Shimmer Neutrals Eyeshadows

Here are the contouring powders. It has a stark white shade, a cream shade, and a midtone brown shade. The sponges are not good: They are too thin, and reek of a rubbery smell. I had washed one of the sponges and it crumbled on me.

MISS BELLA COLOR BELLA 177 COLORS MAKEUP PALETTE IN ACTION

Here are the swatches, and my observations:

MATTE EYESHADOWS

- Texture is a little chalky, but are fairly pigmented
- You have so many colors to choose from
- Has a strong, perfume- like scent

SHIMMER EYESHADOWS
-
- Texture is a little chalky as well, and pigmentation is okay
- Has a good array of neutral colors
- Has a strong, perfume- like scent

CONTOURING POWDERS

- A little sheer for my liking
- Texture is a little chalky
- The overall color and pigmentation of the powders will fare better on fairer skin tones.
- Has a strong, perfume- like scent


So I've made a few looks using the eyeshadows. Check them out:

I had noticed that the eyeshadows came out better on the hand swatch than on my lids, and they work better if applied using my fingers. If used dry, pigmentation is sheer, you will have to layer it for a couple of times to get a decent color payoff, and staying power is not good. If used wet and with a good eye primer, pigmentation varies from medium to heavy, you get to work it easier and better, and staying power is good. (because of the eye primer)

I'm sorry, I don't have a swatch of the Contouring Powders because I really can't make them appear on my skin. :/

Will I recommend this to makeup artists? Probably not. Despite the good array of colors, I don't think the quality is for professional use. However, I would recommend it to budding makeup artists who are still on the experimenting phase, those who are looking for an affordable everyday set of eyeshadows with a ton of color choices, and those who take delight in having a lot of makeup. As for me, it's just nice to have but honestly, I can't use everything so I'll just stick to the Miss Bella 120pc. Eyeshadow Palette :D

MISS BELLA COLOR BELLA 177 COLORS MAKEUP PALETTE RATING


Please visit MISS BELLA PH on Facebook for their complete cosmetics range.

Post a Comment

17 Comments

  1. wow parang Sephora lang ha. how does it differ with coastal scents? pwede ba to for makeup school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww sayang naman kala ko super pigmeted nyA,dahil super bright ng color..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review. :) I have a question. Which palette do you prefer? The rainbow palette or the combo palette? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. grabe lang yung quality :(
    balak ko pa man ding bumili nung neutral kasi ang ganda at sulit na pero chalky..
    dapat talaga maganda primer pag gagamitin to..
    ganda sana, sana maglabas sila ng mas okay :) pero i doubt XD

    do you have review on dollface martha?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hhmm planning to buy the 120pc eyeshadow palette.. As a beginner .. :) think think muna.. Super thanks sa review Ms. Martha..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! na deceive ako dun ah. Akala ko naman ok. nung nakita ko yung table mo it's so so lang pala. Pero sa beginners ok kaya to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. agree...prolly work for younger generation as well...when i saw it thought of watercolors hehe :) keep goin' ms martha! :) (btw its me onlinegarden changed my name :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought a palette from Lulu Makeup last year and I think they have the same quality. Not that pigmented and a bit chalky. I like the colors though. Sayang lang hindi pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kala ko pa naman okay sya kase lagi sya na-ibblog..well anyway, i currently used MaryKay, di Naman ganun ka-chalky.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yanny: Haven't tried coastal scents before, but both brands seem to offer the same products. Maybe they get it from the same supplier. (Crazy hypothesis) For makeup school, yes, because it's something that you won't mind exploiting as opposed to pricier brands like MAC, Bobbi Brown, shu uemura, and the likes. :)

    Ohms: Thanks for sharing dear! It's actually okay, but I find that it's too much for me. :D

    Kate: Oh, the makeup brand of Char Tan? I know that too, but haven't tried it yet. :)

    Marsiedmartian: Thanks for reading! Took note of the name change. :)

    Kath: I would say yes, it's okay for beginners. :)

    Sincere: The 120pc is good dear. :)

    Jenny: Nope, haven't owned a dollface palette yet. :) Miss Bella's palette is actually okay--I guess i just have too much makeup now and I don't feel the need to own another artillery. :)

    Jhessica: It is naman--you just have to know how to work it. I've provided tips in the review. :)




    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ms. M! Have you tried palettes from Dollface Cosmetics? How can you compare their palettes to this one? I'm planning to buy but I'm kinda confused if it'll be dollface palettes or miss bella's. But anyways thanks for this detailed review! I've read a lot of reviews about this products because it's new in the market, but I'm lemming on Dollface's.

    God bless, Ms. M! You're one of the versatile bloggers I met in cyberworld *winks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes it is, Ms. Martha. Got their Beverly Hills Palette last year. And I am not that happy with it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ang cute ng palette. Parang transformers lang ang dating -- ala traincase. Sayang naman dahil not so pigmented. Gaganda pa naman sana ng range of colors :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even though this only fared soso in your rating id still love to have this as a starter palette

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's fine. I'll be ordering it. If you can see the make-up looks by their mua la feliciano, she has been able to create many looks with it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jam: I certainly agree that you can create a lot of looks with it because there are so many eyeshadows. I gave it a so-so rating because I did not like the quality.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)