Sumptuous Sundays: Abé


Hello everybody! Just went on a hiatus this weekend because I had to do a bunch of family errands. Anyway, before you hit the sack, take a little time to know one of my favorite Filipino restaurants right at this side of Taguig, Abé at The Fort Serendra. Maybe you can include it in your TO VISIT RESTAURANTS list for this week!

PRICE RANGE: P100.00-P800.00

Abé is under the LJC group, a local restaurant company that specializes in Filipino fare. If you're familiar with Cafe Adriatico, (one of their first restaurants) yup, LJC also owns that.

Story wall featuring the life and legacy of Abé

Abé is a Kapampangan cuisine. They pride themselves on traditionally- prepared Kapampangan favorites using the freshest and finest ingredients, and secret cooking methods.

Click READ MORE and check out my favorites!


SUAM NA MAIS- Corn soup

If you love corn soup, you will delight in Abé's version because it is a semi- sweet broth generously filled with shredded corn.

PUSO NG SAGING- Known in English as "Banana Bud" or "Banana Blossom." I forgot the exact name of this dish so I'll just describe the way it's cooked: It seems boiled in vinegar or a sour kind of sauce and topped with fried garlic bits. It's very good with rice!

FRESH SISIG- One of the most satisfying sisig dishes in my opinion. In terms of taste, it's just like any other sisig renditions, (heck, once you eat sisig, it's like you've eaten all kinds of sisig already) but what makes Abé's version different is it's not stuffed with chopped onions, which is what most restaurants would use as a filler for the said dish.

BABY SQUID SAUTEED IN OLIVE OIL- Not it's actual name on the menu. (Ugh! Why am I so forgetful nowadays?!) Anyway, this one is just light and flavorful. It doesn't taste malangsa, and I appreciate the fact that the squid portions are small and bite- sized: Because I am petrified by bigger squid. Weird? I know.

Quite frankly, the quality of the food is not mind blowing, although good enough to gratify. I always go back here if I just want to eat tasty Filipino meals.

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. yeah that is what i notice to mostly sisig in others it has a lot of onions! and it looks like it has minimum oil~
    your missing the picture of you and bf~ haha :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always pass by that resto whenever I'm at BGC with cousins and I never thought it's a filipino cuisine! akala ko italian or something haha thanks again for another heads up! favorite mo talaga dyan sa BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sinuteng baby squid. It's my favorite Abe dish :D I think it's sold as appetizer pero para sakin ulam yan! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY! I also ♥ all your fave dishes. Well, di naman talaga ako mapili sa pagkain basta wala lang Patola na kasama haha :P

    Basta lutong Kapampangan, hindi ka talaga magsisisi. The best talaga mga pagkain basta sila nagluto :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY! I also ♥ all your fave dishes. Well, di naman talaga ako mapili sa pagkain basta wala lang Patola na kasama haha :P

    Basta lutong Kapampangan, hindi ka talaga magsisisi. The best talaga mga pagkain basta sila nagluto :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. there's a new great place in aguirre st bf homes - larcy's cupcakery. it will definitely satisfy your sweeet tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about dessert? Wat did u have?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love lutong kapangpangan! I guess I've some of these platters here in Cebu, but its the Cabalen, an all-you-can-eat resto residing at SM City Cebu. Since I'm really into soups, i guess I'll be loving their corn soup! At first glance I thought it's a desert :) I love sisig too! Especially if topped with egg ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. the sisig looks yummy! and the squi is also interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!super Filipino food.bigla akong naguton dito Ms M!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always passed by Abé and I have no idea that it is a Filipino Restaurant. I think I'm gonna love their Baby Squid dish. I super love squids and I like it when their bite-sized and the fact that it doesn't taste malangsa. I would wanna try their soup to. I'm looking forward for your next Sumptuous Sundays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to try Abe's because a lot of bloggers have already raved about their offerings. Best seller daw yung Kare Kare nila

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)