Photo Credits: muslimahbeauty.com
Do you really need serums as early as your 20's? I say yes because I believe that prevention is better than cure. (Feeling Ms. Universe contestant! LOL) Because your skin may not show signs of aging for now, but eventually it will-we can't stop time, but we still have the choice to age gracefully and beautifully so serums-or concentrated and targeted skin care-are vital to my skin care routine. Also, I think age is not just about the numbers anymore as I know people who look too old for their age. The culprits behind accelerated aging are our lifestyle, environment, and diet, thus people nowadays tend to age faster than expected.
However, don't go on a serum shopping frenzy and try all the latest and modern wrinkle- fighting, youth- giving, highfalutin' anti- aging serums in the market. As with all skin care products, you should only use what you need at every moment. The skin of 20-something gals will more or less showcase mild signs of aging such as unevenness, roughness, dryness, dullness, large pores, very few fine lines and sun spots, weakened skin, and hyperpigmentation due to breakouts. I have collated a small list of mild serums that will repair these mild problems, and every 20-something gals can try without worrying if they're gonna do their skin more harm than good.
Click READ MORE and see the list!
Concern: Large Pores, Brightening, Hydration
- Shu Uemura's Tsuya serum is makes skin look more even, ergo brighter by shrinking pores and infuses your skin with moisture. It has micro shimmers that just disappear once applied on the skin, giving you instant radiance.
Concern: Brightening, Refining
- Got a problem with unevenness and spots? One of my favorite serums, Shiseido's White Lucent, effectively brightens spots in as little as 7 days, thus giving you a clearer complexion. It also refines texture by removing microscopic dead skin cell build- up, resulting to a more translucent skin tone-you don't actually see it removing dead skin cells in action-instead, you'll just feel and see it in the long run.
Concern: Skin Resistance, Nourishment, and Well- Being
- Perricone's, the doctor known for his radical skin care inventions, came up with a groundbreaking product that utilized Glutathione as a skin antioxidant instead of a whitening agent. Glutathione, originally, is an antioxidant-a powerful antioxidant to be exact that's more potent than Vitamin E and C combined. Acyl Glutathione is a serum formulation in cream form, and it improves skin's resilience and ability to protect itself, thus you get more good skin days than bad. :)
Concern: Hydration, Plumping
- A very mild serum made to match your skin's natural oil and water balance. In fact, it doesn't even feel like you have any product on your skin when you apply it. It gives you a brighter, more plumped, and supple skin surface the next morning.
ESTEE LAUDER ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR SERUM
Concern: Hydration, Regeneration
- This new generation ANR serum for the face is an expert at hydration. According to Estēe Lauder, it works in sync with your skin's internal clock for better cell repair.
KIEHL'S MIDNIGHT RECOVERY CONCENTRATE (P2,880.00)
Concern: Refining, Re-texturizing, Smoothing, Nourishment
- One fairly affordable serum (for the way it performs) that works really well in restoring your skin's bright and healthy appearance. If used regularly, it helps smooth skin, making it look more transparent and healthier.
ABSYNTHE PURE INTENTION SERUM (Around P700.00+)
Concern: Hydration, Roughness, Suppleness
One of my cool, affordable serum finds. This Emu Oil- based serum is good at refining skin by getting rid of small facial bumps, giving you a smoother complexion. Works well at moisturizing skin too.
Currently using a serum? Share to us why you love/hate it! New to serums? Tell us which of the five serums you'd like to try! :)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.