FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Beauty Blog Jargon
Hello everyone! Welcome to another Fan Mail Fridays post. Let's have a little lecture, shall we? This question was sent by Tina:
I just started reading beauty blogs a month ago and I'm still trying to learn your language. Your blog is my favorite. I appreciate your reviews as they're very detailed, but I sometimes get confused and lost when I finally encounter terms that I never knew existed such as EOTD, NOTD, FOTD, Lippie, Tightline, etc. I hope you can educate me so I'll have a better reading experience. Thank you and I love your blog!
Photo Credits: clxer.com
Hello there! Happy to meet a new reader, and welcome to a start of a new (but good) addiction! :D
I've compiled here a list of some of the common Beauty Blog and Beauty Vlog terms that we always use. Have fun! See the list after the cut! :)
EOTN (EYE OF THE NIGHT)
- Describes a Beauty Blogger's eye makeup look for night time
EOTD (EYE OF THE DAY)
- Describes a Beauty Blogger's eye makeup look for daytime or for the rest of the day
FOTD (FACE OF THE DAY)
- Describes a Beauty Blogger's overall makeup look for the day
FOTN (FACE OF THE NIGHT)
- Describes a Beauty Blogger's overall makeup look for the night
HG (HOLY GRAIL)
- A Beauty Blogger's most favorite beauty product
MLBB (MY LIPS BUT BETTER)
- Describes lip products in shades that mimic or enhance the natural color of the lips
NOTD (NAIL OF THE DAY)
- A Beauty Blogger's nail art/nail polish color for the day
- Shortcut for lipstick
- Shortcut for Foundation
- Mineral Make Up
OUTER V OR OUTER CREASE, ABOVE CREASE, LOWER LID, INNER LID, TEAR DROP, TEARDUCT, BROW BONE
- Parts of an eye. They are used when a Beauty Blogger/Vlogger is reviewing eyeshadow or doing eye makeup tutorials. Click HERE to know where to locate these parts.
Photo Credits: lipstickmasala.wordpress.com
- An eyeshadow technique that helps create an intense metallic sheen on the eyes.
Photo Credits: bridge-between.com
- Product/s that a Beauty Blogger wants to buy
- Shortcut for tutorial
Photo Credits: blog.vidoofy.com
- Shortcut for Subscribe, a term Youtube Beauty Vloggers normally use
- Shortcut for Subscribers, a term Youtube Beauty Vloggers normally use
- General term for bloggers who WRITE about beauty products, tutorials, reviews, and essays
- General term for bloggers who FILM beauty products, tutorials, reviews, and essays. Visit my channel HERE.
Photo Credits: theeverydaybeauty.blogspot.com
- A way of lining eyes. Tightlining is applying eyeliner right underneath the upper lash line.
Photo Credits: beautifulwithbrains.com
- The tender part of the eyes located right above the lower lash line.
Fellow Beauty Bloggers and Vloggers, if you know other terms that I might have missed, please feel free to add them in the comments section. Hope you found this useful, Tina! :)
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.