In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Eyeshadows for Non-Eyeshadow Lovers
Everyone's just talking about the aftermath of Typhoon Yolanda and it's making me really, really sad. I wish I could go there and help, but I can't just drop all my commitments here as it would be unfair to the people who hired me to work for them. But that doesn't mean I cannot help-Liz and I are going to do a physical blog sale by December and all proceeds will go to Red Cross and other concerned organizations. Please support this sale. I will post the deets soon. In the meantime, you can send help to Google Finder, Red Cross, and World Food Programme through the widgets on the side column of my blog.
Our question for the day is about eyeshadow for those who are not really into wearing them. This is a question that I can totally relate to because I seldom like wearing eyeshadows! It's not that I don't like 'em-it's just that, it's not my cup of tea. Anyhoo, the question is from Jolly Josephine and 'ere goes:
Hi Ms. Martha!
I'm a reader of your blog for quite sometime now. I love
make-up but i'm not really into blending different colors of eyeshadows.can you suggest eyeshadows that can be used alone? especially somethingwearable everyday. thanks a bunch! :)
Hi Jolly Josephine!
I don't know why, but your name just brightened my day. :D I could totally feel you, girl! Sometimes, I wanna wake up with a well- blended eyeshadow look on my eyes especially on days wherein I have to go to a special event. It just eats up my time as I'm so meticulous about it!
'Cuz of that dilemma, I've come up with my staple set of eyeshadows that don't need a lot of blending, but will still look fab. Heck, you can even apply them while you're walking or with your bare fingers. I'll share them with you (and with everyone as well) after the cut!
- I think cream eyeshadows are simply invented for you and I, and those who share our problem. Cream eyeshadows, ideally, are worn alone, thus they're formulated to look good on their own-if you're feeling a lil' industrious, you can layer 'em with other colored powder eyeshadows. A Cream Eyeshadow is like having two products in one: A regular eyeshadow and an eyeshadow base. It's a staple in my kit!
Photo Credits: google.com
A FROSTED CREAM/CHAMPAGNE EYESHADOW
- My ultimate secret weapon to achieving bright eyes in no time. Cream/Champagne- colored eyeshadows in a frost finish will help lift tired- looking eyes and make you look fresh overall. Since the color is neutral, it's foolproof and will still look awesome even if you apply it lazily. My personal favorite is MAC Frost Eyeshadow in Ricepaper because it flatters Asian skin tones really well.
Photo Credits: allure.com
A MATTE BLACK EYESHADOW
- When in doubt, go Black! This will come handy in night time events/parties/dates. This is the easiest way to deepen eyes and achieve a decent smoky look. All you need is a blender brush and you're good to go!
Photo Credits: glambot.com
A MATTE MIDTONE BROWN/DARK BROWN EYESHADOW
- Got meetings and important events during the day? You would need a lil' help from midtone/dark brown eyeshadow to enhance your look. You just have to apply this color closely to your inner lid and blend upwards for a little to give your eyes some neat definition. All you need is just a blender brush too, and a 5 minute bathroom break to transform your eyes from nah to yeah!
- Shadow Sticks are more convenient versions of Cream Eyeshadows in pots. They're very handy and I keep some that I could bring to my travels.
That's all and I hope you liked this post! A great Friday to all of you!
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.