In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Liquid Foundation VS. BB Cream
Eeeep! The year is finally coming to an end so I'm starting now to draft the candidates for THE HIT LIST: TOP BEAUTY PRODUCTS FOR 2013 blog posts. Who's excited for the awarding? They'll be up next week! :)
Anyway, I'm ending this week on a sweet note with a question from Dessa. She asks:
Liquid Foundation vs. BB Cream? With all the different beauty products out there which one should we really invest on? I myself am not a make up person, I normally just put on lipstick and define my eyebrows. But after moisturizing, is it better to use BB cream to even out my skin or use a liquid foundation?
Awesome query! Regarding on which base product is better, I say it all depends on your preference and skin concerns. There's no superior product between the two, really, because they both have their own specific functions and address different skin dilemmas. I made a mini checklist so you'll have a better understanding of both products and to help you decide which of the two you should get.
A BB Cream, basically, is somewhat like a tinted moisturizer because almost all of them have light to medium coverage. The difference, however, is the former has treatment benefits such as anti-aging, hydrating and whitening aside from sun protection.
BB Cream is for you if:
- You want skin- like coverage
- You have dry/normal skin
- You want a product that's predominantly skin care- based than makeup
- You want an all-in-one base makeup
- You don't have too much discolorations to deal with
- You dislike the feeling that you have a layer of makeup on your skin
- Your day-to-day activity is pretty basic like going to school or going to work
Foundation, I believe, is just plain makeup as its sole purpose is to cover discolorations and give you a second skin effect. While you're waiting for your skin care products to deliver their promises, foundation will be there to make you feel a lil' confident about your skin.
Foundation is for you if:
- You have scars, marks, and other kinds of hyperpigmentation that are affecting the way you see your skin and your look
- You have oily/normal/combination skin (Because most foundation products are formulated to withstand sebum)
- You are photographed most of the time
- You always go to special occasions and events
- You just want to sport better- looking skin
Personally, I prefer foundation because my skin is not perfect and I always have important meetings and events to go to. Besides, foundations nowadays are more or less infused with skin care benefits-they have the same effects as BB Creams now, but with better coverage.
Hope you found this informative. An awesome weekend to everyone! :)
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.