In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Which goes first? Perming or Hair Dyeing?
A chilly Friday to everyone! Don't you love the weather? It's like there's a universal air-conditioner outdoors. :D Who says you can't wear leather jackets in the Philippines!? :D
Anyway, here's an interesting FMF for today courtesy of Lady Literature. She asks:
Hi Ms. Martha,Just a question: I'm planning to do a make over this year. What's better in terms of keeping my hair health-Coloring it first or perming it? Thanks for the info.
Hi Lady Literature!
I permed my hair when I was in 1st year college, but I had it colored first. It was great, but after a few days, I noticed that my hair color became lighter than what it was.
Most people say that Dyeing goes first before Perming, but seasoned hairdressers would advise otherwise. Perming has harsher chemicals than Dyeing and if you color your hair first, the perm will lift or lighten the color afterwards. Also, between the two treatments, Dyeing is much gentler so if you color your hair first, your hair can bounce back to its perfect health quickly before undergoing a harsher treatment again such as Perming. It's not advisable too to undergo the treatments one after the other-give your hair a healthy interval, around a month at least for it to recover.
Based on my experience, I would advise dyeing first before perming. :) I've prepared a hair care sheet for you that you can do in between the treatments. Click READ MORE.
1. Treat, treat, treat
- Use hair mask around twice a week to moisturize your hair, replenish lost nutrients, and to minimize damage.
2. Don't leave home without applying leave in conditioners
- Leave in conditioners will help protect your locks from environmental aggressors such as pollution, UV rays, and the wind so they can recover continuously and in peace.
3. Natural Oils are your best friend
- Your hair will benefit from natural oils such as VCO, Argan, Jojoba, and Grapeseed because they are abundant in nutrients. You can use them every night before going to sleep so your hair will have enough time to fully absorb the nutrients from these oils.
That's all and I hope you guys liked this post. :)
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.