In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: 9 Beauty Products That You Should Buy In The Philippines (For my International Readers)
Just want to share that today, my blog post entitled FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: 6 Beauty Products That You Should Buy Abroad was read for 3,355 times already. :) Thanks for all the love!
And that blog post has just inspired one of my international readers, Alyssa, to ask this good question too. Check out her query below:
A wonderful day to you!
My name is Alyssa and I am your reader from San Diego, CA. I've been a faithful reader for a year now and I always check your blog for makeup reviews, especially MAC because we both have the same skin tone and makeup style.
I read your fan mail fridays post re. beauty products that you should buy abroad and I'm wondering if you can do a similar post, but featuring the must- try skincare/makeup items from your country? My parents are visiting the Philippines as part of their Asian vacation next month. Looking forward to your reply. I'm sure it's gonna be a good read!
Photo Credits: jaypeeonline.net
Hello! Nice to 'meet' another long- time reader! :) Thank you for being a fan. I have relatives in San Diego and I hope to visit that place soon! :)
Without further ado, here are the must- try proudly- Filipino makeup and skin care products that my foreign readers should try when they visit the Philippines. :)
- Happy Skin is a fairly new local brand, but it quickly became popular because of their skin care- based, no- fuss makeups that are pretty affordable, but premium in quality. I know that Micellar Water is already big in other countries, but it could get so ridiculously expensive--Happy Skin has one and it's a little over 10 USD only. Other must- try items from Happy Skin are the Shut Up And Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippies and face bases. :)
- I've been to a couple of countries and one observation of mine is salon services are very costly, and I've realized that that's the reason why the people there love DIY and at- home beauty stuff. If waxing is an essential part of your weekly beauty routine, be sure to grab Strip It! Waxing Kit-it's about 5 or 6 USD only and it comes with its own spatula and washable waxing cloths. By far, this is still the BEST DIY waxing kit for me-you don't need a lot and it really pulls out each and every strand, from the thick ones to the tiny ones! You can find this in Sesou stalls-there's one in Market! Market!, Bonifacio Global City.
More fab Filipino products after the break!
- Snoe is a popular brand of makeup and skin care products, and beauty tools that has gone international in just a short while because they have a vast selection and they know how to market their stuff! Hair Heroes still remains as their best- seller and also remains as my most favorite Snoe product because it's a downright effective hair detangler and fly- away tamer, and it doubles as a treatment too.
My Snoe Hair Heroes reviews:
- Suesh is arguably the first- ever local brand of makeup brushes. They've got good brushes that won't cost you a fortune. Not only that, they also sell makeup tools like makeup cases, trolleys, and accessories. You can find a Suesh store in the following locations: Market! Market! Bonifacio Global City, Glorietta 5, Greenhills, and Alabang Town Center.
- Ellana is a must- try Filipino mineral make- up brand because it's very affordable and very good. My most recommended product is the Intensive Blend Mineral Loose Powder Foundation. You can actually order it online even if you live in another country- they ship worldwide!
- If you're obsessed with organic shampoos and conditioners, you have to try Human Heart Nature's gentle shampoo and conditioner range. And if you have dry, coarse hair, try the moisturizing variant! You can find this brand in Beauty Bar stores and Rustan's Supermarkets.
- This organic and all- natural skin and body care brand makes the yummiest products ever! My absolute favorites are the body scrub and All Is Well Aromatherapy Oil. They have a showroom in Kapitolyo, Pasig City. :)
- This is a famous drugstore skin care brand in the Philippines. Their products are very good and very affordable, and their Hydration line really delivers! Céleteque is available in major department stores and drugstores.
- I'm sure any makeup- loving foreigner will be charmed by Charm, this super cute, girly, and great brush brand. Their Vegan line is a crowd favorite! Charm is available in Pure Beauty Serendra, Retail Lab Powerplant Mall, Rockwell, and The Ramp at Crossings.
That's all! Have a wonderful Friday guys! Hope your parents will enjoy their stay in the Philippines, Alyssa! :)
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to email@example.com or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.