In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: I've Overplucked My Brows. HALP!
Okay, sisters, we've a little emergency here and one of your co-readers, Liv, is involved and it's about her brows. Ack! Just the thought of having a brow trouble is enough to make me faint-sorry if I seem overreacting, but anything that concerns brows really worries (or excites) me to death! :p
A little help here, please! I've been plucking my brows for the longest time and I think I may have over plucked them. Blame it on my OC behavior as I tend to pluck out anything that sticks out sorely or what I feel like plucking and now, I believe I've plucked beyond what needs to be plucked. Now my brow shape looks so thin, uneven, and jagged. Anything you can recommend that will help my brow strands grow back faster or remedy the situation somehow? Thank you and I'm really looking forward to your response!
Photo Credit: esol.britishcouncil.org
I'm a lil' OC about things too, but good thing, I never applied that to my brows. I hope by now, you already know how hazardous and heartbreaking it is to keep on plucking your eyebrows so next time, please give them a little time to brow and trust me, those excess brow strands here and there are not that bothersome as you think. :)
There are a few ways to grow your hair strands back, but I'd have to be honest and tell you that they don't guarantee anything to anyone-it still depends on your body's reaction and if your brows have forgiven you already for the brow crime you've committed (lol. Just lightening things up! :D). Now click READ MORE for some tips on how to remedy and treat over plucked brows.
Photo Credit: thebodyshop.co.uk
1. Massage a Vitamin E- based cream on your brow area.
- Vitamin E has notable reparative properties and it may help your hair follicles repair faster and better. If you find creams too thick, opt for a Vitamin E- based eye cream.
2. Try Eyelash Serums
- NewPeptin Eye Expert Eyelash Enhancer is the most effective eyelash growth enhancer I have tried and it also worked for my brows. Latisse is also a popular hair growth serum so you might want to check that out, but if you have sensitive skin, please consult with a dermatologist first and wait for the go signal before using any of these cosmeceutical products.
3. Fill it in, baby
- As you wait for your brow strands to grow back, rely on brow products in the meantime so you'll feel better about your situation. There are a dozen of very good brow liners out there and I would personally recommend K-Palette's Real Lasting 2-Way Eyebrow Pens because its marker has a very sheer yet buildable consistency that lets you create natural, hair-like strokes.
4. The Last Resort: Brow Tattoo
- But not just any brow tattoo, mind you. Browhaus is offering Brow Resurrection, the painless and most natural way to get a brow tattoo. If you've done everything you could and you're unsuccessful, then it's about time to get that brow tattoo.
Hope this post helps you in any way, Liv! Have a wonderful day, everyone!
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.