In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: What My Regular Makeup Routine Is Like
Well, that was a really interesting week as I think I've met the most appalling people in this industry. They're so appalling that I sometimes wonder how they can sleep soundly at night. Maybe some people are just born and bred to be a*holes.
Oh, I can't wait for this week to end-like what they say, 'It's just one of those weeks." I'm looking forward to a better one next week-a way, way better one.
Thank God that this blog gives me a quick breather from such things, moments, and people. I'll just answer this week's FMF to let off some steam! :) Question is from Grace and she asks:
I always like your final look in all your face, lip, and eye product reviews. Please share your daily makeup routine. Thank you!
Thanks for the lovely compliment! My daily makeup routine is just simple, although it always takes a while for me to finish because I am very meticulous with the outcome! To give you an idea of my meticulousness, after doing my makeup, I always check the final look under natural light and artificial light, and then make adjustments if necessary (which happens all the time!), plus I take photos to see how well my look will fare in photography-I live by the adage "Be dressed and look fab everyday because you'll never know when you'll be photographed!" :)
But you know, that's just me. You can take away all that meticulousness and just follow (if you wish!) my simple makeup routine. Click READ MORE and I'll share it with you!
STEP 1: MOISTURIZER
- I used to skip this step, but ever since I discovered the wonders Hydration can do to oily skin, I made sure to include it in my daily routine! For daytime, I use a gel- based moisturizer because it's fresh, cooling, and makes my oily skin bearable.
STEP 2: PRIME
- Unlike other girls, I do not change my makeup during the day. When I leave the house, I make sure it will last from day to night and a primer is necessary in making it happen.
STEP 3: CONCEAL
- My daily makeup look is not possible without the help of a concealer! I always use two concealers: One for the under eyes and a corrector for facial discolorations.
STEP 4: LIQUID FOUNDATION/POWDER FOUNDATION
- I treat foundation as the defining product in my routine so I only go for those that have very good coverage, finish, and lasting power. In my makeup, I always pay attention to good- looking skin.
STEP 5: POWDER
- Translucent powder is always the go- to choice for me, but if my foundation is way too light or way too dark, I use another powder, shade- matching powder to correct the tone of my base. I even set powder foundation with translucent powder to prolong the coverage.
STEP 6: CONTOURING POWDER
- A must- have for gals with round faces like me! That, plus I like how this product gives my facial feature some dimension.
STEP 7: BLUSH
- It's always a good choice to wear blush to make the skin look 'alive' and healthy! My go- to shade for blush? Pink!
STEP 8: BROW GEL
- I like brow gels and I've been using one for the longest time because it makes the job easy: It's a definer and shader in one!
STEP 9: EYELINER
- Can't leave without this one! I don't normally wear eyeshadows and the eyeliner is the closest thing for me to getting defined, gorgeous eyes.
STEP 10: MASCARA
- Just because I've always wanted to have lush, long lashes. Thank God for mascara!
STEP 11: LIPSTICK
- The final touch!
Additional products I use when attending special events: Brow Mascara, Eyeshadow, Eye Primer, Highlighter, Bronzer
There you go! Let me know what your makeup routine is like in the comments section! :D
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.