In: BEAUTY BUZZ
THE HIT LIST 1: The Beauty Junkee's Best Products for 2014 (Makeup, Fragrance, and Tools)
That time of the year when I do a weekly round- up of the best beauty products that have graced my year! :)
So how do I summarize the beauty releases for 2014? I say they're all about versatility: A majority of the products that we've all tried this year serve more than one purpose (and they're dual-purpose) and they're all handy whether you're creating a fresh look or a dramatic look. We've witnessed how the drugstore brands have stepped up their game too!
Without further ado, I present everyone the most notable beauty products that deserve an award for 2014!
1. Max Factor Facefinity Primer- has spf yet has translucent coverage; keeps makeup intact for hours; soft and flexible on the skin
2. The Body Shop All-In-One Instablur- minimizes the appearance of pores; a cheaper alternative to Benefit The Porefessional; mattifying; gentle formula
3. Prestige Magic Pen Lip And Eye- all- around primer for the eye area; comes in a handy packaging; keeps eyeliner, eyeshadow, and brow powder intact the whole day
4. Smashbox 24 Hour Photofinish Shadow Primer- perfect dupe for UDPP; a single dot is enough to cover both eyelids; makes eyeshadows stay vibrant the whole day
BEST FACE BASES
5. Tony Moly Petit Cotton BB Cream Delight- affordable; comes in a very handy packaging; moisturizing yet good for oily skin; comes in a shade that compliments morena skin tones.
6. Pixy UV Whitening Two Way Cake Perfect Fit Powder Foundation- affordable yet has very good coverage; long- lasting; pan is refillable
7. Shiseido UV Protective Liquid Foundation- withstands sweat, oil, and even saltwater; waterproof formula yet feels lightweight like a sheer foundation
8. Ellana Loose Powder Foundation- the most pigmented mineral powder foundation I have tried; affordable; comes in a lot of shades
9. MAC Full Coverage Foundation- provides full yet natural- looking coverage; lasts long and soothes dry skin; looks great both in actual and in photos.
10. Absynthe Bath And Beauty Happy Girls Are The Prettiest Talc- Free Face Powder- comes in a yellow shade that brightens the complexion; absolutely perfect for ladies with a heavy yellow undertone; Great for Asian skin; talc- free; gives skin a smoother appearance
11. Canmake Marshmallow Powder- affordable yet looks quite luxe; finish is as good as powder foundation
12. Estēe Lauder Cyberwhite HD BB Creme- Illuminates the skin naturally; long- lasting; has long- term brightening effects; surprisingly looks good on warm skin tones despite the pale shade
13. Benefit Big Easy- a light, cream-to-powder base that gives skin a naturally flawless appearance.
14. ZA Cosmetics True White Liquid Foundation- affordable, but finish is great; brightens the skin and makes it appear healthy; comes in yellow undertones
15. ZA Cosmetics Perfect Fit Two-Way Powder Foundation- affordable; product is refillable; powder yields a nice, medium coverage; feels almost like Shiseido's Powder Foundation
16. Sephora 8H Perfect Cover Concealer- yields full coverage and covers marks effectively; thick, creamy formula moisturizes skin, but doesn't appear cakey
17. ProStudio Pro 15 Color Corrector Palette- affordable but works like a charm; conveniently offers 15 shades for highlighting, concealing, correcting, and contouring needs; the Green concealer is one of the most effective I have tried so far
18. Smashbox On The Rocks Photo Op Eye Shadow Luxe Palette- a well- designed eyeshadow palette with 28 outstanding, incredibly pigmented shades; one of the eyeshadow palettes with the best quality
19. Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Cream Eye Shadow- affordable and super long- wearing; comes in a generous size; doubles as an eyeshadow base and gel eye liner.
20. Make Up For Ever Eyeshadows- reformulated and better than ever; pans are now bigger; texture, quality, and pigmentation have been improved
BEST BROW PRODUCTS
21. Maybelline Fashion Brow Coloring Mascara- affordable; richly pigmented; line features two audacious shades that will fit ladies with blonde, gold, and red- colored hair; long- lasting
22. K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow Mascara- long- lasting; affordable; line features the perfect browns for ladies with light, medium, and dark brown- colored hair.
23. Happy Skin Eye Love View Double Duty Eye Brow Duo- conveniently features two essential brow products, an eyebrow liquid liner and eyebrow crayon; affordable; great for everyday use
24. Etude House Drawing Eye Brow- super affordable and works great!
25. L'Oreal Papillon False Lash Effect Mascara- gives lashes that full, super volumized, fanned- out look that's so gorgeous!
26. Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Extravagant Mascara- one of the legit waterproof mascaras that can withstand my workouts.
27. Browhaus HD Mascara- doesn't clump and is genuinely waterproof; gives lashes a lovely, full appearance
BEST EYE LINERS
28. The Body Shop Smoky 2-in-1 Gel Liner- can be used for the brows and eyelids; one of the most pigmented yet affordable matte gel liners I have ever used; has decent staying power
29. Benefit They're Real Push- Up Liner- an innovative gel liner that comes in a tube packaging; convenient and heaven- sent for gel liner lovers; super waterproof; gives the illusion of deeper eyes; rich black coverage makes eyes standout even from afar
30. Smashbox Always Sharp Eye Liner- a futuristic eye liner with a built-in sharpener inside the cap; eye liner is always sharpened before every use; pigmented, rich, and long- wearing
31. Happy Skin Eye Am Here To Stay 24H Gel Pencil Eye Liner- soft, smooth, and long- wearing; infused with skin care ingredients
32. Majolica Majorca Line Hunter- one of the best, affordable drugstore liquid eyeliners; pigmented; lasts the whole day
BEST BLUSH/CONTOURING PRODUCTS
33. Happy Skin Feeling Sculptacular Face Contour Kit- comes with a handy cheat sheet; contouring powder shade fits Filipina skintone perfectly; comes with a highlighter
34. Stila Stay-All-Day Bronzer- long- wearing; comes in a generous size; matte and perfect for any skintone.
BEST LIP PRODUCTS
35. Bioderma Atoderm Restorative Lip Balm- soothing; protecting; restores very dry lips; protects lips from the cold weather effectively
36. Benefit Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm- softens lips; moisturizes effectively; leaves lips with a pretty tint and a soothing fragrance
37. Bobbi Brown Art Stick- acts as a lip liner and lip color; matte finish yet non- drying.
38. L'Oreal Color Riche Le Rouge Lipstick- super pigmented and super hydrating; leaves lips with a pretty stain when it comes off; comes in beautiful colors
39. L'Oreal Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick- affordable; one of the best non- drying drugstore matte lipsticks
40. Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm- light; moisturizing; gives lips a sexy shine; keeps lips soft the entire day; one of the nicest tinted lip balms around
41. Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick- more hydrating and pigmented than their previous lipstick lines; comes with more adventurous and bolder colors
42. Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm- affordable; gives lips a lovely, even patent shine; colors lips evenly; comes in a handy crayon barrel packaging
BEST MAKEUP TOOLS
43. Beauty Blender- a nifty, cute brush that gives you an instant airbrushed finish.
44. Make Up For Ever Artist Brushes- cruelty- free brushes that feel and perform superbly like the ones made from real animal hair.
45. Suesh 18-pc. Pro Style Brush Set- a cruelty- free, stylish brush set that contains non- repetitive brushes
46. Charm Double Ended Brush Set- a cruelty- free, travel- friendly brush set that contains 9 brushes in just 4 handles!
47. Heroine Make Eyelash Curler- a super affordable eyelash curler that curls lashes effectively and doesn't pinch the lids on girls with almond- shaped eyes
BEST MULTIPURPOSE PRODUCTS
48. Happy Skin Lip And Cheek Mousse- a new age lip and cheek tint that can be applied on top of makeup and doubles as a lipstick as well
49. Benefit Lollitint- a lip and cheek tint that gives skin a lovely orchid stain
50. Lolita Lempicka L'Eau Jolie EDT- a youthful rose scent that's playful and seductive at the same time
51. Givenchy Play EDT- a spontaneous floral scent that's lively and feminine
52. Nina Ricci La Tentation De Nina- a sweet, flirty scent for the ultra feminine
53. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDP- a sophisticated fragrance with a young, playful allure
54. Repetto EDP- a spicy floral that smells classy yet young
The Hit List Part 2 is coming up tomorrow and I'll be sharing my top beauty finds in the Hair, Body Care, and Nails category! :)
Care to share your similar finds for 2014? :)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.