Sumptuous Sundays: Vyne Tapas Bar and Restaurant, BGC
When I am craving for artsy, fusion food and out-of-this world fare, I go to W Global Building in The Fort High Street and go all the way up to the roof deck for Vyne by Chef Rob Pengson and Jerome Orpiano.
PRICE RANGE: Tapas starts at P190.00; Soup starts at P190.00; Salad starts at P290.00; Main Course starts at P390.00; Dessert starts at P230.00; Tonic and Alcohol prices are available upon request
Vyne is popularly known as a Tapas Bar and drinking lounge, but they've got a lovely and tasty selection of main courses too.
Vyne is a go-to place for anyone and any group who's looking to unwind and revel in good food and drinks. It has an al fresco area that offers a breathtaking view of BGC's skyline where friends and individuals can sit down and have great real- life conversations like pondering on the real meaning of life LOL-I mean look at the place--it just calls for that!
Drool over Vyne's dishes when you click READ MORE!
East Asian Salad
- A salad that has a true- blue Asian flavor, thanks to Kimchi! It's a bit spicy and more than opening up your palate (which is the job of Salad), it enhances your appetite as well. My Gastroenteritis don't allow me to enjoy spicy dishes, but my BF enjoyed it so much 'cuz he loves Salad and Kimchi.
- Succulent, juicy deep fried Pork skin strips laced with Truffle Oil and caramelized with Honey-ah, this is the most beautiful way to die. Kidding! This dish is the reason why I can't go to Vyne often (even if I want to!) because I will not stop ordering this thing-I can eat it nonstop lol! It's super good and definitely a must- try!
- This out-of-this world combination seems like caused by a kitchen disaster, but it was a disaster that had to happen because if it didn't, no one will ever find out that Ramen and Carbonara make great music together. This carbonara reminds me of soup-y Japanese Spaghetti dishes and Vyne's version is creamy-tangy goodness!
Pan Fried Sole with Pine Nut Risotto
- The only rice dish in Vyne. I ordered it because I remembered it tasted really good, but it wasn't at its best that night: Sole fillet tasted 'bleh' and the Risotto, even if it was perfectly creamy and fresh, lacked in seasoning. Minus 2 points for consistency. :/
- This Burger made it up to us after that not-so-savory experience with the Pan Fried Sole plate. This Vyne best- seller and signature dish is a tasty mess! I love the artsy way of serving Ketchup and Mustard, and glad that they were mindful enough of their customer's cholesterol levels by serving the right portion of Bacon and Foie Gras. :p
Lemon Cheesecake Citrus and Basil
- Your good ol' cheesecake has gotten a bit more playful and...savory! Vyne's deviant cheesecake is more savory-citrusy than sweet-citrusy and despite that, it unexpectedly performs as dessert and doesn't enhance all that 'umay' from our previous meals. It's an 'acquired taste' kind of dish to me and it can be bad or/and good, depending on the person. As for me, I don't know-I have to eat it again to give my final verdict. :p I appreciate the reinvention though!
Despite my Cheesecake and Pan Fried Sole experience, I still give Vyne a thumbs up for coming up with these whimsical, daring recipes that are still edible-I've tried fusion food in other restaurants before and they all sucked, and this is what makes Vyne one of my go- to restaurants in BGC! I'm thinking of treating myself to Truffle Chicharon this week haha! :D
Must- Try in Vyne:
1. Truffle Chicharon
2. Vyne Burger
3. Ramen Carbonara
4. Thai Scallops (We didn't order that, but I tried it during Nuffnang Philippines' Country Manager's Dinner and it was awesome! It's Vyne's best- seller too!)
Vyne is located in 8/F W Global Bldg. 9th Ave. Cor. 30th St., Bonifacio Global City. Give them a call at +63917-553-0197 or (02) 808-9430.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.