In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Good Bronzers And Contouring Powders (Spend Vs. Save)
I think Contouring Powders and Bronzers are heaven- sent to round- faced ladies like me. The roundness of my face always makes some people think that I'm actually younger than my age; While that may be good and flattering, it's a hassle sometimes because whenever I'll go to certain establishments, they'd always ask for my I.D.s to verify my age. :p
Contouring products always excite me as well as topics related to it, like this question from one of my readers, Julia:
Just got interested to really dabble on bronzers and contouring kits. Late bloomer, I know. Can you please recommend bronzers and contouring kits for oily, acne- prone skin? If you can, please do a Save And Splurge product recommendation. I have fair skin, by the way. Thanks much!
Welcome to a new addiction lol! Kidding aside, contouring products are great and they really do your face some good by giving it some frame and dimension; Once you contour, you'll never go back!
Regarding non-acneic contouring and bronzing powders, I don't think the risk of irritation is high in powder makeup compared to liquid makeup so I believe it shouldn't be too great a concern, unless you have really, really sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, please stick with hypoallergenic brands and try with caution.
I don't have fair skin so I cannot say that these products will suit your skin tone perfectly, but I can attest that these bronzers and contouring powders that I am going to recommend are GREAT and I use them all on rotation. Oh, most of them have a neutral undertone so maybe these products should fit your skin tone just fine? Only one way to find out. Anyway, here they are! Click READ MORE for the list of Good Bronzers And Contouring Powders, Save Vs. Splurge edition!
- Oh, yes, here's a good one for oily skin because it stays on as advertised, even when you sweat profusely.
SAVE: REVLON PHOTOREADY SKINLIGHTS (P825.00)
- The Bronzer has pretty good pigmentation and I love that they still show up even under layers of makeup. Liquid bronzer is a good choice if you want a super natural- looking contour, although it can break you out especially if you're unknowingly sensitive to some of its ingredients.
SAVE: REVLON PHOTOREADY BRONZER IN BRONZED (P800.00+)
- This matte bronzer is comprised of four colors that will suit almost any skin tone. You can even mix and match the powders to create a personalized contouring shade.
SPEND: BENEFIT HOOLA BRONZER (P1,600.00)
- This bronzer will always be my favorite contouring powder because it's in a universal shade of brown plus it has a soft matte finish!
- One of my favorite contouring powder shades is this one by Happy Skin. It's perfect for any skin tone, IMO. :D
SAVE: ELLANA PRESSED MINERAL BLUSH (P450.00)
- Ellana is a mineral makeup brand and such makeups are known to be gentle on the skin. If you're afraid of breaking out, try this one. It's affordable, too! Btw, this is a good dupe for Happy Skin's contouring kit-notice the similarity between their products? :)
SPEND: MAC POWDER BLUSH (HARMONY) (Around P1,300.00+)
- This is my favorite contouring powder lately because it gives me a natural contour and it fits morena skin tone.
SPEND: NARS MADLY (P1,500.00+)
- In my opinion, Nars Madly is a good contouring powder for fair- skinned ladies because it is very subtle and the additional shimmer gives any complexion a lovely radiance as well.
- An affordable, good contouring powder that I think will look good on fair skin tones. :)
That's all. Do let me know your favorite bronzers and contouring powders! :)
Learn the art of contouring HERE.
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to email@example.com or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.