FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Create Even Lines For Uneven Eyes

Being sick has its pros and cons. I think we all know the cons of being tied to your bed for a week, like what happened to me just this week, so I'll just muse about the benefits: One, you get that LITERAL rest because aside from lying down the whole day and praying over your aching muscles, your brain automatically takes a break too because there's no such thing as work when your immune system is down (insert song "Sleep All Day" in here). Two, that GOT catch- up marathon is the only work you need to do and I bet you'll be willing to do it 24/7. Three, that extra cheat meal is excusable.

Thank God I'm feeling much better now. :) I hope to hit the gym tomorrow to do a light jog on the treadmill.

I'm savoring the last day of my sick week aka mega rest week by doing something that I love doing and that is answering FMF queries. This one's from Jhake O:
Hi Ms. Martha!
I have uneven eye. The other eye has a crease and the other one doesn't have. I tried applying liquid eyeliner on the hooded eye with my eyes open and with closed eyes on the eye with crease. They look good when my eyes are open, but when I close my eyes or blink, the heavy line on the hooded lid was very obvious. So aside from uneven eyes, I also have uneven eyeliner! Can you please tell me a technique that I could apply?
P.S. I don't want to wear eyeshadows because I'm not good at blending so a technique that doesn't require eyeshadows would be much appreciated. Thank you so much!
Jhake O.
Hi Jhake!

Thanks for writing to me. I have uneven eyes so I can feel your plight.

Upon learning how you draw lines on your lids, I pinpointed the problem right away and that is your application is uneven from the very beginning. Applying eyeliner on closed eyes offers a different perspective compared to applying it on open eyes, thus you get different results.
The only way to create even lines is to apply them evenly from start to finish. That seemed like a pretty dumb advice on its own so let me elaborate:

1. Start with evenness. Do you want to apply eyeliner on your eyes while they're open or close? Choose one.
2. Choose only one kind of eyeliner thickness.
3. Choose only one kind of style: Winged, Flicked, or Flat?


The shape of the eyes can get in the way of evenness sometimes so here's an eyeliner trick for everyday that I love sharing with friends who have uneven eyes like me: Just draw a slim, close-to-the-lash-line line. That's enough to give your eyes definition sans all the fuss. I flicked the ends of my line here in the photo because I dig the wispy liner look. That, or you can do Tightlining.x

Are you applying your eyeliner correctly? Find out the most common eyeliner mistakes HERE.

Let me know how your next eyeliner sessions go after reading this post. ;)

**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to martha.stabarbara@yahoo.com or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)

Post a Comment

19 Comments

  1. i can relate.. while my problem with lining my eyes is this, i have different vision from my left eye and also higher grade on my right making me difficult in applying eye makeup: brows, eyeshadow and eyeliner *sigh* i know.. practice makes perfect so i need more practice haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I do not have uneven lids, I also do that technique. I only draw a very thin line just to make it appear I have thick lashes. :D thanks for this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just learned about this from you Ms. M.IIt just shows that there are still so much for me to learn about applying makeup .
    .Btw I love the color of the eyeshadow you used In this post.I am looking forward to buying a color like it one day if I ever visited inglot.:-)Still saving moolah for that day though.hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I'll never get tired of sharing my discoveries here. :D Btw, eyeshadow is by Benefit and it's called Creaseless Cream Shadow in No Pressure! :)

      Delete
  4. I have uneven lids, I'm working with eyeliner or sometimes eyeshadow to make them quite even. Thanks to makeup :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very helpful Ms. M. :) i also have problem with uneven application. i just want 'em to be perfect but there are times that the first eye had that line that you exactly want but you just don't get it right on the other eye. ugh! i guess the key here is practice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have uneven lids too but I think the technique goes well for everybody. :) I've read the eyeliner mistakes post of yours too. Glad I'm not guilty of anything there. :) Super helpful post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have uneven eyes too. Both have creases which doesn't fold, it's hard to explain so what I do is elongate my outer corner and line my inner corner and I'm good to go :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont have uneven eyes but I have small hoods in my eyes. Whenever I apply eyeliner on my lids, it looks like I have applied black eyeshadow instead! It frustrates so much that nowadays, I stick to tightlining !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still prefer eye lining though. I always poke my eyes when tightlining! :p

      Delete
  9. I dont have uneven eyes but I have small hoods in my eyes. Whenever I apply eyeliner on my lids, it looks like I have applied black eyeshadow instead! It frustrates so much that nowadays, I stick to tightlining !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also have a slightly uneven eyes so I really can relate to this. The thin line works on me since I am yet to perfect the winged-liner look. Thank heavens for these cosmetics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. While my left eye doesn't give me much of a problem, my right eye that has monolid makes things hard for me. I can do a thin line on my left eye. For my right eye, if I make a thin line, the lid would just cover the line so I need to make a thick line so there will still be a visible line left even when the lid had covered half of it. Thanks for answering my question, Ms. Martha. The sleep deprivation has been causing a lot of hassle to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :) Same! Oh, I guess you just have to personalize and personalize until you find the right look for you. :)

      Delete
  12. Great advice! While I don't have uneven eyes, i find the applying liner close to the lashline true. It enhances my eyes without telling people I'm wearing an eyeliner, it just looks like I have very thick lashes! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! But most of the time, I prefer thick line to make me look more awake haha.

      Delete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)