Oh, how I love today's Fan Mail Fridays. I've been feeling the grind lately and I think I need a break, therefore I'll go hiking next Saturday. I need something new to break my routine.
Fan Mail Fridays query for today is from Alexis.
Hi Ms. Martha,
I follow you on all your social media accounts (please don't think that I'm a stalker, I'm just a huge fan!) and seems to me, you're so, so busy! I want to ask how do you manage stress due to work (do you even get stressed? You still so pretty)? Thank you.
Great question. I'm sure this will benefit a lot of my readers right now because given that it's the holiday season already, everyone's experiencing some form of stress due to deadlines!
I live by five simply fun activities to help me combat stress right away. Here they go:
1. I Sing
- Singing for at least 10 minutes can help reduce stress and anxiety, according to studies; that's why I recommend that when you're starting to get stressed, pop in your earphones, play your favorite music, and sing along with it; tune out from the world for at least 3 minutes and just do something fun, and watch your stress go away and your productivity rise.
2. I Play Games
- Deep down, I'm just a simple girl who loves video games. All the tapping and controller- wrecking moves that video games require help me release stress in a way. For me, the best stress reliever games are tapping games like Disney Tsum Tsum and Bubble Wrap Pop.
3. I Just Drop Whatever I'm Doing
- I just say F*CK THIS SH*T. And either I go home, blog, or do something else aside from work. When work starts to own me, I just drop it, pause, and remind myself that work is just work; I shouldn't let it control me.
4. I Play With My Pets
- For me, Pets are God in fluffy form; they're so pure, so happy, so loving, and so lovable; seeing my Denver the Golden Retriever running to me happily when he sees me is enough to take my blues and stress away.
5. I Reward Myself After A Hectic Day
Hope these tips will come handy when you get stressed. And oh, don't sweat the small stuff! :D
*Got a burning question about beauty, skin care products, makeup, exercising, relationships, career, or whatever? Shoot me an email at email@example.com, via POWR form, or my official Facebook fan page.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.