FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Me? Join A Beauty Pageant?


A hectic yet productive week is over and I'm just so thankful that I am able to deliver. Now it's time for me to deliver to my body through working out! Leaving y'all today with a cool question from Anne

Hi Martha,

Given the opportunity, will you join a beauty pageant?

Anne

Hi Anne!

Did you know that I considered joining Binibining Pilipinas before?


I had professor-friends and they were very much into beauty pageants. They'd always tell me that my beauty represents Filipinas and I'd be a perfect candidate. I thought, why not? My other prof-friend is friends with beauty pageant organizers, thus I'm already connected to the right people instantly.

But just like that, I gave up on the dream for the following reasons:

1. I was studying then and clearly, it was my priority.
2. Okay, I had this fantasy of becoming a beauty queen, but when the opportunity was there already, I pondered on it and realized that it was just a fantasy.
3. I appreciate attention, but I value privacy more.
4. I hate high heels.

I wonder what it's like to be a beauty queen? :D

**Got a burning question about makeup, skin care products, fragrance, relationship, travel, or whatnot? Shoot me an email at martha.stabarbara@yahoo.com, message me via POWR form, or drop me a message via my official Facebook Fan Page.

Post a Comment

24 Comments

  1. Super check on your 4th reason, I also hate high heels! When I wear one, people are always complaining that I'm super tall already to wear them. But sometimes it's a must to wear them especially to formal events. And I was also asked before if I joined a beauty pageant before but also not my scene, I love watching beauty pageants but I can't imagine myself joining them. But yes same thoughts, what would it be like to be a beauty queen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to like high heels, but got tired of putting up with sore feet. Or maybe, I have yet to find the perfect one. :)

      Yeah, I hope I have a beauty queen reader who can answer this! :)

      Delete
  2. I thought I was in wrong blog hehe kidding aside...you have a great butt. I've done a thousand squats but I can't achieve my goal :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. My butts are super responsive; 1 week of moderate squatting is what it only takes for it to grow about an inch, probably haha! Sometimes, I think it's alive!

      Delete
  3. Hahahahah! I hate high heels too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have tried it before. You are total package to be a beauty queen:) anyways, you had your reasons naman. What I wonder to beauty queens is how they manage the way they smile:D *yung labas lahat ng ngipin for almost hours, nakakapagod kaya*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I tried that when I used to do ushering as a side job; it was hard and tiring!

      Delete
  5. You are not really far from being a beauty queen, you have most(if not all) of the requirements. And I admire you for determining your priority. :)

    I love wearing heels since I also need it to be tall. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your prof-friends, you have that filipina beauty pageant look that's why I asked! Package na, beauty and brains eh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If i have what it takes to be a beauty queen or atleast possess the characteristics required for joining beauty pageants, i guess i'm gonna give it a shot. Kaso wala eh... wala,wala,wala!!!! Pero naging muse naman nun grade 6 at first year HS hehe! Konti lang kami sa class kaya wala silang choice kundi ako haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're still a beauty queen for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can be your own beauty queen even without all that cameras and catwalks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could have been a perfect representative of the country for any international beauty pageants. But then if it's really not your liking, of course you can't be forced into it. Being a beauty queen was also one of my fantasy but then I gave that up when my growth stopped at five feet. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the time when I was seriously considering a beauty pageant, height requirement was 5'7. I'm only 5'5 1/2!

      Delete
  11. ay sayang naman! You surely will win if ever you joined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and no. Politics will always be part of everything!

      Delete
  12. You are a perfect candidate because of your morena skin. The world seems to like tans.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)