Héloïse De V.: Of Fragrances And Memories


The most succinct way to tell a story is by spritzing on a perfume. One ritual I do before blogging is I spray on a scent that I think captures a certain story that I want to tell in the article and it never fails to help me out. Perfumes serve different purposes to different people and for Valeria Andre, founder of Héloïse De V., they immortalize her choicest memories.

Say Bonjour to the newest French fragrance brand to enter the country via Beauty Bar, Héloïse De V, a curated fragrance line.

Héloïse De V. is an icon, a woman who hailed from a family established in 1012 and of noble women and character, Uzes region in France. She's a woman with a heart for home and for travel, always holding close her fondest memories of growing up in the countryside and savoring the richness of new worlds. If musicians express emotions through music and painters, through colors, Héloïse De V. does so in textured, crafted fragrances.

Valérie D' André, the woman from the historical family of Uzes region, flew to Manila to join us in the launch. Valerie studied in the Americas and returned to France to pursue retail, and eventually started Héloïse De V. to rewrite and retell the family history through fragrances.

I asked Valerie what inspired her to create the fragrances and the stories were beautiful.

L-R: Lavender Citrus, Fig Fragrance, Rose Fragrance. Yes! They come in 15ml bottles!

Lavender Citrus is a recollection of her memories of a nearby river in her hometown; the gentle splash, the minty scent of the waters laced with Lavender and Lemon, carried by the wind from gardens close by, and the cool, fresh feeling when her feet touches the water. This calm, collected, purifying scent boasts of aquatic notes, Lavender, and Citrus notes.

Fig Fragrance recalls luncheons under Fig trees in the garden during summer; Energetic, fresh, and sweet, this scent conjures feelings of familial warmth, love, and happiness.

Rose Fragrance is a tribute to the flower- picking tradition of the region. Every year, when the weather is cool and roses are in bloom, the flower pickers rise up at dawn to collect the freshest blooms; the scent of roses linger in the air, as if the wind were touched by elegance.

I also asked Valérie why she only created a very small line and she uttered a meaningful answer: for her, fragrances are not just for smelling good, but for telling and sharing stories as well, a way to let people know a part of you to create relevant connections.

More than a fragrance range, Héloïse De V. is a fragrance lifestyle; you're gazing at a bracelet made from leather and special papers all the way from Grasse, France where you can spritz on any of HDV's fragrances and wear them in any way you want. The papers help perfume your bags and apparently, the scent on it can last for up to 5 days. Meanwhile, the leather bracelet is a great way to wear perfume discreetly and fashionably.

There are also leather + marble charm necklaces that lets you wear your perfume quite literally.

I hope that story inspired you in any way. :) Héloïse De V. is now available in selected Beauty Bar outlets; the line features 15ml and 200ml bottles, and Créme Cocoons (hand moisturizers/lotions). Visit BEAUTY BAR PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about this brand.

Post a Comment

11 Comments

  1. Again, perfumes how I love it when you describe it and I can smell it, I know weird right? I love the idea that you can wear it on your accessories, very clever indeed. I am looking forward on smelling these Héloïse De V. perfumes - and the price? Not bad at all! I can't wait, as andalways thank you Ms. Martha for sharing it with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Price starts at P1,200 if I'm not mistaken; most expensive is P2,500 :)

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of spritzing the perfume on a necklace and knowing this will lasts up to 5 days, that perfume will lasts for a long period of time. What a clever idea! Thank you for sharing Ms. Martha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's so ritualistic! You're welcome; thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  3. cool new idea ung pag gamit ng necklace where you can spray the perfume. and it can last loooong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Mommy Rockin' in Style it is indeed a genius idea to spritz perfume on accessories I never thought about it before! Thank you Ms. Martha for sharing it with us you are very generous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fancy perfume that made my head imagine how it would smell like in person. :) I feel really great that more and more brands around the world are discovering and investing their products in the Philippines. For me, it just means that more and more Filipinos/Filipinas are being open to try new and exciting products. Anyway, I just love that leather charm. :) Best way to accessorize and to smell good at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found this post while looking for reviews of Heloise De V's rose fragrance. I bought it while on my honeymoon in Paris, and I love it. It's sophisticated, yet still sweet and romantic. The rose scent lingers one me for long time and reminds me of a leisurely stroll on the Champs Elysees. I also got the marble necklace and love that I can spray that instead of my skin if I feel like it.

    Also, I'm a huge fan of your blog! I was born in the Philippines but live in the U.S. now. I'm planning a trip to Asia this summer so I will keep an eye out for some of the products you have mentioned on here!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)