FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Best Skin Care Sets For Acne


Just got back from a rockin' nature trip at Club Balai Isabel; I did extreme things that helped me relax and conquer my fears at the same time: Open Sea Kayaking and Mountain Trekking! I've got pending travel experiences to share; I'm excited! :D

For now, here's an equally exciting blog post because it's all about acne skin care sets that I've personally tried and tested, and WORKED on me. Question is from Rona Mae: she's asking about products that work for acne or will help reduce breakouts at the very least.

Hi Rona Mae!

So sorry to hear about your breakouts! I know how frustrating it can be when pimples are just popping out of nowhere from your face so I'm happy to share the products that I swear by when it comes to dealing with breakouts. Without further ado, here are my top picks:

SAFEGUARD DERMASENSE (Review 1 and 2)

- Thank God Safeguard ventured into Acne care; they truly understood the art of combating germs from the skin; Acne is caused by germs and Dermasense's tough yet gentle formula clears up your skin without the harsh effects.


- Hydration is pretty helpful in minimizing breakouts because fyi, most breakouts are due to dehydrated, unhealthy skin. I found that Etude House Moistfull Super Collagen is one of the effective hydrating and moisturizing treatments out there, and it kept my skin breakout- free!

BELO ESSENTIALS ACNEPRO


 - This budget- friendly anti-acne skin care set remedies light to moderate acne.


- Mario Badescu is designed for people with breakout- prone skin and I turn to this brand when my zits are getting out of control; it's the great equalizer!


- THIS! This is a wonderful anti-acne and brightening range that, aside from hitting two birds with one stone, provides visible, remarkable difference to the skin. My skin looked pretty fabulous when I used this range!

So there goes my picks. Enjoy trying 'em out! :)

**Got a burning question on beauty, makeup, cosmetics, love, relationships, career, diet, exercise, or whatever? Just email me at martha.stabarbara@gmail.com, message me via POWR form, or shoot me a note via my official Facebook fan page.

Post a Comment

17 Comments

  1. I've seen your IG photos and it is very evident that you enjoyed your recent nature trip. Kakainggit yun ah! Anyway, pimples appear on my face just one at a time so i'm not really bothered by pimples. My problem is my oily skin. Can pimple-fighting products control oil too? I want to try Safeguard DermaSense facial wash to know if it can somehow manage the excessive oil production of my oil factory, i mean my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoyed my trip; nature is my element.

      Yup! Just go for the hydrating ones. Don't opt for anything with high concentration of peeling agents (e.g. BHA and AHA) as they might strip your skin of natural oils significantly.

      Delete
  2. I have tried before the Belo acne set but too sad that it didn't work out well on me. Until now, my husband still using the safeguard dermasense products. He really loves it, besides the fact as I have said before he is an avid user of safeguard products:) definitely will try that etude moistfull soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...so sad to hear about that! Belo worked on me. Meanwhile, Safeguard is really good!

      Delete
  3. Hey, what particular item from Mario Badescu would you recommend for big zits that seem to come out from nowhere? My lower face is currently breaking out despite the fact that I remove my makeup and cleanse thoroughly before going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drying Lotion and Buffering Lotion! The former for pustules, the latter, cystic zits and papules. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation I too have tried the Belo line and it works (well only when I do have 5 pimples max on my face) Now, I'm saving for Mario Badescu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother's been using Safeguard Derma Sense for months now and nothing has been more effective but this! Unfortunately for me, it didn't deliver much, and so was the Belo Acne Set =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, sorry to hear about your Belo experience; Jeremy had the same experience too.

      Meanwhile, Safeguard is really effective!

      Delete
  6. Can I add Celeteque's Anti-Acne line too? They're great and really works for me!
    i've also tried Safeguard and Belo, haven't seen much of an effect from Safeguard, but Belo's acne solution is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried their anti-acne range yet, just one or two from the line so I can't say if it's effective as a whole, but I do remember that the acne gel works!

      Delete
    2. I haven't tried their anti-acne range yet, just one or two from the line so I can't say if it's effective as a whole, but I do remember that the acne gel works!

      Delete
  7. Tried the Belo, Safeguard and EH Moistfull set and I love them all! Currently using up the EH moistfull line with my sisters and they love it as well. :) Medyo matrabaho nga lang kasi ang daming ilalagay sa face. :) Belo worked for me as well, and it's affordable din like the Safeguard. As for Mario badescu, di ko talaga gusto amoy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. ms. M, how to treat the peklat after having a pimple? -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the peklat. If it's just a post-acne mark, go for lightening serums and peels. If it's keloid or pitted, you can check with a dermatologist to know which treatment to go for; normally, they'd suggest laser, microdermabrasion, or semi- invasive treatments.

      Delete
    2. It depends on the peklat. If it's just a post-acne mark, go for lightening serums and peels. If it's keloid or pitted, you can check with a dermatologist to know which treatment to go for; normally, they'd suggest laser, microdermabrasion, or semi- invasive treatments.

      Delete
  9. I have tried Belo Set before but it didn't work well. It is just a waste of money, i thought. But Safeguard DermaSense is the most budget friendly regimen for skin care. Even their Safeguard Original can also dry pimples. It works well.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)