In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: 4 Ways to Better Your Skin Care Routine
I know, I haven't been Blogging as frequently as I used to. Why? Because I'm swamped with work! Gotta work hard because it's the Christmas season and before I declare "It's a wrap for 2015!"
Today's FMF couldn't be any more apt since 2016 is already here and we're all about changes. Speaking of 2016, I can't wait for 2016 to come!
Our question today is from Kat and she wants to change up her routine:
Hi Ms. Martha!
I'm curious as to how I can better my skin care routine? As of now, I have the basics: the facial wash, toner, sunblock, moisturizer, and a zit gel. Is it good enough or is there something else I can add? Thank you and God Bless!
I salute you for taking the initiative to better your skin. That is how one achieves great skin. :)
Your routine looks good; that's pretty much my routine because I am a firm believer of 'Use only what you need', but I do some tweaks to my routine every now and then to shock my skin (in a good way) and induce favorable changes. Here are my techniques:
1. Switch it Up
- Your skin is one, intelligent piece of tissue and it gets used to certain formulas and ingredients. Switching up to a new brand and set of ingredients will give skin the revival it needs for it to react positively to your regimen again.
2. Assess Your Skin
- Overtime, your skin changes as well as your skin type. Knowing if you're now dry, oily, or combination- skinned is a very important insight as it will give you the key to the next products/ingredients that you must use or add to your existing routine.
3. Use Serum (If you're not using one)
- Call me bias, but I am the biggest fan of Serum because it really helps the skin recuperate better with its concentrated formula. Try it!
4. Keep Track Of Your Skin Concerns
- Have you been having dry, flaky skin lately? Have you been breaking out more frequently than ever? Are you developing redness on the sides of your nose? Keep track of your concerns because they will tell you if you need to add or subtract products from your routine, or change or revert back to your old skin care products.
**Got a burning question about makeup, skin care, career, relationships, exercising, or whatever? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, message me via POWR form, or shoot me a message at THE BEAUTY JUNKEE'S OFFICIAL FACEBOOK FAN PAGE.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.