In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Five things I do when I wake up in the morning
Happy Friday, guys! Election day is near and I am fervently wishing for the next best president to lead this country. Let us all pray that we will all be divinely guided when casting our votes on the big day!
This refreshing question is from Leila:
Big fan of yours! I just want to ask what are the things you do in the morning to start your day? Would love to pick up something from a successful woman like you!
Thank you! What a nice question! My morning routine is pretty simple and it consists of short preparations to help me start my day on the right foot. Here they are:
1. I START MY DAY WITH PRAYER
- Always. I always start my day hoping and trusting that it will go well and if it doesn't, I pray to have the calmness and understanding needed to move forward and look forward to a new day.
2. LIE DOWN IN BED FOR A FEW MORE MINUTES
- I let each and every system and cell in my body awaken before completely standing up; it's just like a car; when you start the engine, you don't hit gas right away; you allow it to warm up.
3. I THINK ABOUT THE FIVE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS I HAVE TO DO ON THAT DAY
- I rearrange my thoughts and categorize my tasks according to importance; I only accomplish (and perfectly at that) the five most important tasks that I have to do on a certain day; if I finish them first, I proceed to doing the other ones.
4. I OPEN MY EMAIL, READ, AND RESPOND TO MESSAGES
- Yeah, work is the second thing I do after praying and planning. I work non-stop for an hour or 2, depends on the demand of my five most important task, then proceed to number 5.
- Contrary to what others do, I don't eat first because my hunger sets in an hour or two after I wake up. I don't force my body to do what it doesn't want to do at the moment; when I'm finally hungry, that the time I finally eat. :)
That's it! How about you? What are the five things you do when you wake up in the morning? :)
**Got a burning question about makeup, beauty, skincare, career, fitness, love, life, and anything under the sun? Email me at email@example.com, message me via POWR, or shoot me a message via The Beauty Junkee's Facebook fan page.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.