In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Skin Care and Makeup Products to Splurge and Save on
Happy Friday! Well, it ain't a happy Friday to me (but I'm trying to make the most out of it!) as my good ol' Macbook Air has seen its last day already; it's now mega slow, needs to be restarted at least 5- 10 times (5 on good days and 10 on bad days) and worse, I've been getting notifications from Google that some people have been trying to hack into my accounts because my Google doesn't update their Chrome security settings on old OS anymore. I need a new laptop and I need it ASAP, but...Bills! Oh well! My emergency laptop will do for now.
Ending this week with a lovely question from Patricia. She asks:
What skin care products should we shell out more cash on and what are the ones we should save on? Thank you and more power to you and TBJ!
Thank you for writing to me. No question, when it comes to skin care, I'd say SPLURGE. Because skin care, to me, is investment, although some may argue that there are really good affordable skin care products in the market and don't get me wrong, I agree with this also because I love Olay! For me, skin care, more than makeup, should be your utmost priority and if you could splurge on one thing, it should be skin care.
But alright, I'll tell you what I think about which skin care products to save and splurge on; to make it more fun, I included makeup too!
1. MAKEUP REMOVER (SAVE)- the drugstore is overflowing with really good makeup removers so you'll be fine in the drugstore.
2. EYELINER (SAVE)- there are a lot of really good of eyeliners out there; in fact most of my favorites can be found in the drugstore so again, you'll be fine in the drugstore!
3. LIPSTICK (SAVE AND SPLURGE)- Save for formula and Splurge for color selection.
4. BODY WASH/BODY CLEANSERS/FACIAL WASH (SAVE)- I've always been a drugstore gal when it comes to these bath essentials; it never really occurred in my head to prioritize expensive shower products. :D
5. BATH SOAP (SAVE)- Simple. Affordable bath soaps are fine.
6. LOTION (SAVE)- to be honest, all my favorite lotion brands can be found in the drugstore. :)
7. EYESHADOW PALETTES (SAVE)- Drugstore brands have improved their eyeshadow game lately so I don't see the reason why we should splurge on eye shadows often unless desired or needed.
8. CONTACT LENS (SPLURGE)- OMG. It appalls me to hear and read when people say that cheap contact lens is fine. NO. IT'S NOT FINE. You only have one pair of eyes and it serves you A LOT so better take care of it!
10. FOUNDATION (SPLURGE)- A lot may argue with me on this one, but based on experience, really, pricey foundations tend to have better formula, finish, longevity, shade selection, and gorgeous packaging is a plus too!
That's all! Have a great Friday. Pray that I get a new laptop real soon so I can blog better! :D
**Got a question on makeup, skin care, cosmetics, exercise, career, love, relationships, or whatever? Email them to email@example.com, message me via POWR form, or message me via THE BEAUTY JUNKEE'S Facebook Fan Page.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.