In: BEAUTY BUZZ
The Best Ingredients To Look For in Skin Care Products
Some people base their choice of makeup and skin care on the brand name and reputation; some base it on the price; some base it on the feel and quality; and some base it on the ingredients; I'm a little bit of everything, but I'm more of the latter; I always like to know why things are made the way they are and what I put on my face so I make it a point to read ingredients before swiping my card.
Based on research, personal experience, and information I've gathered from the Press junkets I've been to in the past, these are some of the best ingredients to look for in skin care products; if you see them in your products, you're in good hands. :)
Photo Credit: beenaturals.com
- In a conference I attended in Australia for Olay, Niacinamide, a form of B3, is one of the best ingredients in the anti-aging universe; it powers up cells to help the body absorb and utilize nutrients, and products you've recently ingested and applied topically; it also helps improve skin elasticity, fight inflammation, and increase ceramides and fatty acids on the epidermis.
Photo Credit: nutrientsreview.com
- Truth is, your skin can't hold moisture and water on its own, thus you need ingredients that will act as magnet for these to keep your skin healthy and balanced; Glycerin, a generally non- allergic, gentle ingredient is a favorite in many hydrating and moisturizing skin care lines because of its excellent ability to pull moisture from the air and hold water on the skin.
Photo Credit: coleparmer.com
- Panthenol or B5 is deemed as one of the perfect skin care ingredients as it is naturally processed by the body, therefore similar forms and replications will be acknowledged by the body. Panthenol helps hold moisture within the skin and has excellent anti-inflammatory properties. It's great for hair!
Photo Credit: spectrochemical.com
4. TITANIUM DIOXIDE
- Titanium Dioxide is a naturally- derived form of sunscreen. And since it's natural, it's being widely used in sunscreen for children.
Photo Credit: pepceuticals.co.uk
- Peptides are naturally- occurring elements in the body; they're responsible for proper hormone function and tagged as the basis of life because they contribute to a majority of cellular and anatomical functions! Peptides are amazing anti-aging ingredients and widely used in hair- growing treatments.
Hope you learned something new today! Got something to add? Don't hesitate to share in the comment box!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.