In: BEAUTY BUZZ
5 Cool Uses for Micellar Water and Cleansing Water
Please don't tell my beloved cleansing oils that I've been cheating on 'em lately with cleansing/micellar water; because lately, I'm all about freshness, from the makeup look down to the products I use and Cleansing Water just fits the bill of refreshing makeup removers. What made me love them more is I discovered that aside from removing makeup, these products can work cleansing wonders on other things as well! Here are my other favorite uses for these products:
1. AS TONER
- If you have a cleansing/micellar water, then you can skip purchasing a toner because a toner is actually meant to rid skin of dirt that may have been left behind and cleansing water can sweep 'em off for you.
2. CLEANSER FOR STUBBORN DIRT ON RUBBER SHOES
- The base of rubber shoes can get dirty fairly easily and dirt can stick and stay on it! I accidentally discovered this when I was trying to get rid of dirt streaks on my favorite Nike Tanjun; plain wet wipes and water weren't working so I tried Micellar Water and voila! Stubborn dirt came off easily! This is fairly useful on white sneaks/rubber shoes (don't try it on leather, please!).
3. DISSOLVES HARDENED FOUNDATION ON SYNTHETIC MAKEUP BRUSHES
- The problem with oil is it sometimes doesn't work with synthetic bristles that well; I found that swirling synthetic bristles in micellar or cleansing water helps loosen up hardened foundation, thus the sludge comes off easily when you give it a final rinse with soap and water.
4. MAKEUP CASE CLEANER
- Do you have a favorite makeup compact/packaging that attracts dirt and stain fairly easily? Micellar/Cleansing Water will keep 'em shiny and looking new for ya!
5. MESS- FREE MAKEUP BOO BOO REMOVER
- The problem when using oil or cream- based makeup removers when correcting over arched eyeliner or mascara stain from the skin is they tend to smudge all over due to their consistency. Micellar/Cleansing water is best used for correcting makeup mistakes because it doesn't run off and dries on the spot - it only touches exactly what you want it to touch, keeping the rest of your makeup intact.
Those are my five favorite other uses for Micellar and Cleansing Water. Care to share yours?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.