I've always believed that start- up entrepreneurs are one of the unsung heroes of the industry; despite huge risks and the threat posed by more established industries and the nature of start-ups itself, they still strive to pursue their passions and along with it, providing livelihood to many Filipinos and continually showcasing the local talent.
There are a lot of beauty brand start- ups locally that are worth trying, but to date, here are my favorites:
- Founded by makeup artist and beauty blogger, Sabs Hernandez, Nekkid is a bath, body, and skin care range that promises to make you feel good naked with products that are practical, natural, and rich, guaranteeing you a good, good time in the shower.
- Beach Born is the brainchild of fashion blogger and entrepreneur, Sarah Tirona. A self- confessed beach lover, Beach Born is simply made to relive those coveted beach waves cured by the sea, salt, and sun, but minus the damage and stickiness. Beach Born is slowly expanding by adding other skin care essentials to its range, making it a potential beach brand superstar.
- Kala Milk Soap is a brand that is deeply rooted in community service. Carabao's milk, the prime component in these soaps, are being sourced from local farmers in Baliuag, Bulacan to provide livelihood to the community, plus every time a soap is sold, P1.00 goes to a school fund that's being put up by the company for the community.
- Founded by a former professor and colleague in UP Diliman, Erica Valerio, SKN RX Trends reflects Erica's philosophy in skin care and that is it should be simple, fool- proof, and should work; she's got really good skin, definitely enough to make me believe that her products work!
- An all- natural line of body scrubs, Jarful of Goodness combines local and international potent skin care ingredients to create scrubs that aren't only smoothing, but infuses skin with lots of benefits as well.
- A brand that champions holistic beauty, Ysabel's Daughter prides themselves on products that don't only beautify skin, but balance the spirit and senses also.
- One of the best local makeup brush brands, Charm is a project of beauty blogger turned entrepreneur, Sophie Uy. Charm's goal is simple and that is to provide affordable, but high quality brushes for every makeup- loving girl.
- Faboulash's lush, lightweight, natural lashes are all the rage lately; they're affordable and great, thus a lot of makeup lovers, celebrities, and makeup artists are keeping some in their makeup kits!
9. SCENTS OF STYLE
- Clean and crisp are the best words to describe Scents of Style's fragrance line- up; they have simplistic, modern fragrances inspired by some of the coveted fragrance brands such as Jo Malone.
- This well- loved DIY waxing kit is all- natural, affordable, and effective. I'm an avid user and I've never used any DIY waxing kit that's as gentle and good as this one.
What are your favorite new, local online beauty brands?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.