10 Local Online Beauty Start- Up Brands to Try



I've always believed that start- up entrepreneurs are one of the unsung heroes of the industry; despite huge risks and the threat posed by more established industries and the nature of start-ups itself, they still strive to pursue their passions and along with it, providing livelihood to many Filipinos and continually showcasing the local talent.

There are a lot of beauty brand start- ups locally that are worth trying, but to date, here are my favorites:



- Founded by makeup artist and beauty blogger, Sabs Hernandez, Nekkid is a bath, body, and skin care range that promises to make you feel good naked with products that are practical, natural, and rich, guaranteeing you a good, good time in the shower.


- Beach Born is the brainchild of fashion blogger and entrepreneur, Sarah Tirona. A self- confessed beach lover, Beach Born is simply made to relive those coveted beach waves cured by the sea, salt, and sun, but minus the damage and stickiness. Beach Born is slowly expanding by adding other skin care essentials to its range, making it a potential beach brand superstar.


- Kala Milk Soap is a brand that is deeply rooted in community service. Carabao's milk, the prime component in these soaps, are being sourced from local farmers in Baliuag, Bulacan to provide livelihood to the community, plus every time a soap is sold, P1.00 goes to a school fund that's being put up by the company for the community.


- Founded by a former professor and colleague in UP Diliman, Erica Valerio, SKN RX Trends reflects Erica's philosophy in skin care and that is it should be simple, fool- proof, and should work; she's got really good skin, definitely enough to make me believe that her products work!


- An all- natural line of body scrubs, Jarful of Goodness combines local and international potent skin care ingredients to create scrubs that aren't only smoothing, but infuses skin with lots of benefits as well.


- A brand that champions holistic beauty, Ysabel's Daughter prides themselves on products that don't only beautify skin, but balance the spirit and senses also.


- One of the best local makeup brush brands, Charm is a project of beauty blogger turned entrepreneur, Sophie Uy. Charm's goal is simple and that is to provide affordable, but high quality brushes for every makeup- loving girl.


- Faboulash's lush, lightweight, natural lashes are all the rage lately; they're affordable and great, thus a lot of makeup lovers, celebrities, and makeup artists are keeping some in their makeup kits!

9. SCENTS OF STYLE

 - Clean and crisp are the best words to describe Scents of Style's fragrance line- up; they have simplistic, modern fragrances inspired by some of the coveted fragrance brands such as Jo Malone.


- This well- loved DIY waxing kit is all- natural, affordable, and effective. I'm an avid user and I've never used any DIY waxing kit that's as gentle and good as this one.

What are your favorite new, local online beauty brands?

Post a Comment

48 Comments

  1. Thank you for supporting local entrepreneurs. Hope to try these products too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this list. As I get older, I now tend to be more responsible and picky with my purchases and now put a higher priority in buying local. I've only tried Nekkid so far and I am loving their products. I super love their Castile Soap and Tender EDP smells like Philosophy's Amazing Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog, Alou! Glad to know this. I agree with Nekkid; their products are great! :)

      Delete
  3. I like to try Kala Milk Soap, Skn Rx Trends and Charm Makeup Brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a brush set from Charm and they're always some of the tools I find myself reaching for the most :) Their angled brush and spoolie are my favorite duo for filling my brows when using powders, gels, or pomades :) I also use Strip It for waxing my legs and it's very easy to use! I don't feel the need to have my legs waxed in salons anymore because I can do it as conveniently in the comforts of our home. I've seen reviews about Scents of Style and I've also been seeing their products in concept stores. I'll be sure to check out their offerings next time because I'm always in the mood to try a new fragrance :) Thank you for bringing these start-ups into the limelight, Ms. Martha! They truly are very promising :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love my charm brushes and my favorite is the rose gold collection. Strip It! is a staple in my hair removal routine as well. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Ms. Martha! Where to get Strip it products po?? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia! You can get them in all Sesou outlets and you can order from strip-it.com. :)

      Delete
  6. We should support local products like these! Gonna try some of these someday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Martha! I've been a follower of your blog for quite some time now and I really enjoy reading your articles. Your reviews and swatches of products are always super informative especially for filipinas (especially morenas!). Well, I just really wanted to say thank you for posting as regularly as you can because your blog is one of my go-tos when I need a break. Anyway, in relation to this blog post, one of my favorite online shops would be Charm. I own a couple of their brushes and they are really affordable and good quality. Looking forward to more blog posts martha! :)

    PS: Congrats on your engagement!! Weee. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Thea! Thank you for supporting me all these years. Same sentiments with Charm! :D

      P.S. Thank you!! I'm excited for the married life. :)

      Delete
  8. Its a great thing to feature local online product here and its good to know that theyre all interesting to try.. oh i must say .. A must try.. proud of our own product in the market.. its a good way to promote them too.. im interested in STRIP it because of its natural and anyone can afford to buy.
    Very informative article. 👍🏻⭐️

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is just in time for me, I am always on the look out for new products to try on. I have trued Nekkid, Zenutrients, Skin Genie and Human Nature and I do recommend those brands. I personally prefer Skin Genie's because doon ako hiyang. And that brand is very generous when it comes to sales!

    I'll try to buy one from Beach Born and Skin RX trend, hope that their products would work out for me.

    Anyway, I am trying to find good primers for my oily skin. I have already tried Benefit's the POREfessional but it is too expensive for me to use every single day, do yo have any cheap recommendation? =( Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Rachel.

      As for your question, Bobbie Cosmetics Dare to Bare primer is good! Also Revlon Photofinish primer. :)

      Delete
  10. I sooo love Beachborn's Sea Salt Spray! Haha. Might as well try other products you mentioned. I also love local organic products 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. From the brands listed above, I have tried out only Charm brushes. It truly is a quality product. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are indeed new products to try out! Worth ireview!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely need to try more local products! :) I only see these online and in bazaars. I wish they'd also sell these in malls so that people have more access to them. Thanks for introducing these products, Ms. Martha! Looking forward to more reviews! :) BTW, Congratulations on your engagement! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been meaning to gift myself with scent of style though the last time I checked orange and lilac is sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! It's a lot!!!! This is something I am really looking forward in your blog. Thank you for introducing not just expensive brands and brands I haven't heard of but also of brands that are proudly Filipino made and benefits the community. Horay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've tried Nekkid products already and I am still repurchasing their products... their products are effective, affordable and smells so good! I have Charm brushes as well which are super soft and the pink packaging is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Strip It palang natry ko out of all the things you mentioned above Ms.M. I think kulang lang sa exposure ang mga local brands dito sa atin. If proven effective, for sure papatok talaga ang local products. I'm glad pinay bloggers are giving time to try and recommend these products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope these products get more exposure from Bloggers like me; it's time that people know how great our locally crafted products are! :D

      Delete
  18. these post made me think to buy more local additional to my charm brushes:)you're very informative Ms. M!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Would love to try Kala milk soap. Because ever since, I am fond of using natural products :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH! meron pala products si Ms. Sabs I didnt know that. been wanting Charm brushes for the longest time. do you know how can I have one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can order via Beauty and Minerals on Facebook. :)

      Delete
  21. Like most of the commenters here, so far, I have only really been able to try Charm brushes which I absolutely love! They're soft and do not shed easily! I 've seen Strip It before, but haven't really gotten around to trying it. Will def look into these other products too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good to know that there are entrepreneurs who are humane and concern about the livelihood of our fellowmen and cruel-free and all natural pa. Nakaka-proud at nakaka-inspire talaga sila! Thank you for giving us info about these products. Would love to try and pamper myself with the Nekkid products. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, dear! :D Yes, Nekkid is good! i would suggest the cleansing cream, body wash, and whipped body cream. :)

      Delete
  23. Wow so many good Local products! I love them all, but what interest me is the Kala soap, I don't know but the packaging and the soap itself looks so good and even if I haven't tried it I feel like it's gonna be divine. Plus the benefits that it goes out also to a local school, so much AWESOMENESS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Abigail Dela VictoriaOctober 11, 2016 at 7:14 PM

    I would love to try out all this products. I heard a lot of good reviews about the beach born brand and people who already tried and tested this, says that it is a "must have" if you're going to have vacation in the beach. 😍 one thing that really caught my attention and i really want to try is the Kala Milk Soap Brand because I really like companies or businesses that focus on community based.   I'm just happy seeing brands like this that help the communities to provide livelihood and in every soap sold there will be 1 peso that goes also to the school fund in that community. How awesome right? And also  the Charm brand produces really good makeup brushes and their brushes is so cute huhu they have retractable kabuki brush that I really love. We should support the local entrepreneurs. As they said,"Love Local" but seriously, I'm really planning to try the Kala Milk Soap. Hahaha 😘 Overall thank you Ms. Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Kala's soaps are good and what makes me feel better is they're helping empower underserved communities. I hope the company survives!

      Delete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)