In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Tips when buying liquid foundation online
Happy Friday, guys! 2 days to go before my Great Barrier Reef adventure and excitement is kicking in! Also, I am sincerely hoping that our brothers and sisters up north are all safe despite experiencing Typhoon Lawin.
Our question for today is from Katrina and she asks:
How will someone choose a shade when buying liquid foundation online? Any tips?
Thanks for the question! One of the biggest challenges that I have faced - and continually face - is buying liquid foundation online. I have purchased a ton, but I still experience either buying the wrong shade or disliking the quality sometimes. The risk of error is really high when buying cosmetics that you have never swatched nor seen in the flesh, but that shouldn't discourage you because there's still room for a good purchase (if not perfect). Below are my tips when buying liquid foundation online; each of them, I employ before making the big purchase.
1. SEARCH FOR FOUNDATION LIBRARIES AND SWATCH PHOTOS ONLINE
- Two bloggers: Temptalia and Karla Sugar. Temptalia has a Foundation Matrix that helps you find out which shade is your match and Karla Sugar will show you what the shades look like and how they fare against each other, and at least how it looks on her skin, at least.
2. TYPE THE EXACT NAME OF THE PRODUCT AND THE SHADE
- And go to the image section of Google to check how the product fares on different skin tones and undertones.
3. CHECK REVIEWS
- Does the foundation tend to lighten after a few hours of wear? Does it oxidize during wear? These are the things you have to know so you will know which shade to get.
4. IT IS ALWAYS BEST TO GO FOR A LIGHTER SHADE
- Because lighter shades are easier to correct than darker shades.
That's all and I hope you found this useful. Happy foundation hunting!
**Got a burning question on beauty, makeup, cosmetics, skin care, fitness, blogging, career, or anything under the sun? Send me a message via POWR form, email me at email@example.com, or send me a message via The Beauty Junkee official Facebook fan page.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.