FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Best Massage for Every Body Concern


Here's another timely post for the holidays! We all could use a full body massage with matching foot spa for two hours now that the holiday rush is about to pass. Thanks Jenny for this question; reminds me to have one this weekend!

Hi Ms. Martha,

I do not get a massage often, but looks like I really need it now due to work and holiday- related stress; seems like 2016 has been the most tiring year for me! Can you recommend any massage that will suit my needs? My body feels heavy and sore; your personal favorite massage is also welcome. Thank you and happy holidays!
Jenny

Hi Jenny!

I know right! 2016 has been really weird and tiring for most including me; I honestly can't wait for it to end!

I get a massage at least once or twice a month and truth be told, it's really necessary! It helps you relax big time! Here are some body massages to try; I also categorized them according to body concern so you will find the right massage for you.

1. FOR SORE MUSCLES: SWEDISH MASSAGE

- Swedish Massage is a massage that uses stroking techniques to straighten, loosen, and relax tired muscles - this is my most favorite massage!

2. FOR TIRED LEGS: FOOT MASSAGE

- A good ol' foot massage is a must for me at least three to four times a month because I work out and walk a lot; my favorite is Thai Foot massage because it combines stroking and piercing techniques on pressure points that help free stress and fatigue.

3. FOR DETOXIFICATION: LYMPHATIC MASSAGE

- Feelin' weary or you just want to get rid of toxic energies? A lymphatic massage is a good choice because it is focused on draining waste accumulated by lymph nodes.

4. FOR SHAKING UP THE BODY: THAI MASSAGE

- Do your bones feel sore? Some good ol' cracking might help and Thai massage will do the trick; it is deeply rooted in ancient tradition and encourages flexibility and realignment.

5. FOR SPECIFIC SORENESS: SHIATSU MASSAGE

- Shiatsu is a Japanese massage technique that focuses on pressure points and massaging of the joints; 'tis good to get if you have certain parts of your body that are aching such as fingers, hands, knees, arms, and legs.

Hope you find the right massage for you!

*Got a burning question on beauty, skin care, makeup, perfumes, blogging, fitness, diet, career, love, or anything under the sun? Message me via the Contact Form, email me at martha.stabarbara@yahoo.com, or send me a message via THE BEAUTY JUNKEE Facebook fan page.

Post a Comment

11 Comments

  1. aaahhh! feels like I'll be needing a massage too before christmas. nakakstress, nakakapagod makipagsiksikan. #ChristmasRushFeels, my feet are aching so badly kasi lakad ako ng lakad, pike pa naman ako. haha. anyways, can you recommend where is the best place to undergo foot massage? plus pedi if possible! :) Thanks Ms. M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need that Shiatsu Massage. My joints are becoming fragile (lol) lately. Haha. Parang may gout na nga sa sobrang sakit ng joints ko. Huhu. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted all those massages too! Grabe na din po tiredness, stress at palagi pakong nag-iisip plus kulang sa tulog po.. Those massages are awesome! I know tlgang needed natin marelax kahit papaano para di tayo magkasakit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always choose the Swedish massage as I prefer light and soft massages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ms. Martha, in your picture are you in Luljetta's? Hihihi. I heard about it a lot and our boss went there before so it looks familiar. I wanna go there as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried any kind of massage yet but I really feel that I need one ASAP! Planning to have one before the year ends as a treat to myself. Will keep this in mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get the same feeling too! Mine's problem is my neck. I probably need a massage too. Thank God for this suggestion. I'll try them out! Thanks for this, Ms. M! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to have a foot massage right now. Merry Xmas Ms. Martha mwuah

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so relaxing to have a massage, but I never had the chance to try it out in spa or the likes hehe, my husband does my massage hehe! he has this gift which I enjoy twice a month, a home based massage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am longing to have the foot massage wen the time permits. Happy New Year in Advance Martha:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to not like getting massages especially after getting a hilot and feeling worse the next day but after getting a proper one, I am now a sucker for massages! I also like lighting up scented candles, soaking in a hot tub and masking to help me relax. I hope you had a happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)