In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: 5 Simple Ways to Up Your Makeup Game
This is my most sleepless week for 2017 and I can't wait for it to end, but in a good way; I've received a couple of blessings this week, but I need sleep LOL. Ending this week strong with Crossfit! How about you? What are your plans today?
Tell me all about it in the comments section below, but for now, let's answer this question from EZ.
Hello! The Beauty Junkee I really like visiting your page By the way, I would like to ask you things.. My daily routine involves getting up early to prep my son and for work with almost less than 20mins to do my makeup. I am an Administrative Officer in our family business and I would like to up my makeup game yung medyo madam ang dating. I currently use the ff: loreal primer, loreal liquid matte foundation, face shop eyebrow pencil, kpalette brow mascara, colourpop lip primer, colourpop matte lippie in tulle. The problem is, How am I going to make my makeup last through out the day? How do I use concealer for my eyebags? And Can you recommend makeup products that I can get in the dept store? Im from South Cotabato and we only have SM here. Sorry Im blabbing, just excited with your response. Thanks!
Thank you so much, EZ, for being an avid visitor of my fan page! I really appreciate it. Btw, guys, I'm pretty active on THE BEAUTY JUNKEE OFFICIAL FAN PAGE too so do follow me there; I've a lot of cool stuff coming up, most especially videos!
Going back to your question, I've broken them down into the following:
1. How do I up my makeup game?
2. How do I make my makeup last the whole day?
3. How do I use concealer for eye bags?
Check out my answers below:
We all have our go- to products and I admit, I tend to use them routinely just because I'm already comfortable with them, but this sometimes makes the makeup process boring; makeup is all about discovery and it should be fun so here are 5 ways to up your makeup game.
1. OVERHAUL YOUR MAKEUP KIT
- At least once a week, change up the products in your everyday kit; having new products triggers your brain to be more innovative versus sticking with the same products for a long time.
2. INTRODUCE AN ENTIRELY NEW OR OCCASIONAL MAKEUP PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE IN YOUR ROUTINE
- Whether it's a pair of falsies, glitter, or doing the cut crease, do introduce products that you think you will never or rarely use to help you develop new skills, new appreciation for makeup, and also, for yourself; who knows? You might look fantabulous in glitter and applying falsies is not rocket science after all. Personally, I like using falsies every now and then for something fresh in my routine.
3. BRING AROUND 3 LIPSTICKS IN YOUR EVERYDAY KIT
- Lipstick is always the quickest way to up your makeup look so I make sure to bring at least three, plus a lip tint for when I have to remove lipstick for some reason; you can mix and match to create new colors or change into a new color to inspire a new mood.
4. TREAT YO SELF
- Every once in a while and most especially if you can afford it, meaning you are finally able to allot money to your savings, investments, and expenses, then buy that highlighting kit that you've been dying to try. Admit it, acquiring new makeup is always a fun idea.
5. WEAR EYESHADOW
- Most Filipinos are afraid of wearing eyeshadows for fear of looking 'unnatural' or 'overly dramatic'. It's only true if you'll go for that look, but in truth, you can make eyeshadow look natural if you want to. Start with neutral shades of course and eventually, add a bit of color for more dimension.
How to apply eyeshadow tutorial HERE.
Apply these 5 simple ways to take your makeup to madam levels! :D
Going to your next question, HOW DO I MAKE MAKEUP LAST THE WHOLE DAY? Here is a previously written article that will surely help you out:
For your last question, HOW DO I USE CONCEALER FOR MY EYE BAGS? Here is another previously written article where I discussed my technique in using concealer:
Hope you enjoyed this, EZ - also you guys!
**Got a burning question on beauty, makeup, cosmetics, career, fitness, diet, blogging or anything in between? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, contact me via CONTACT FORM, or message me at THE BEAUTY JUNKEE official Facebook fan page.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.