In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: What To Do When You're Breaking Out on the Chin
Hello, hello. Just an update on my 8th Anniversary Mega Meet and Greet, sponsors are starting to pour in now and I'm deathly excited to unveil this! Save the date, April 20, 2017, I'm launching the deets on my blog! :)
Today's FMF is from Kat:
Hi Martha,I've been suffering chin break out for a little while now. If you could share or help me on what products I can use to stop this. I've tried a lot of products now, but it is not stopping.Kat
Oh, sorry to hear about this. Chin breakout is a b*tch and it's one of my most hated types of breakout. :( Hope yours subsides soon and to help you with that, let's get down to business and bust chin breakout.
Chin breakout is often caused by the following:
1. Hormonal imbalance
and is often aggravated by the following:
3. Beauty products
4. Wrong medication
If you've applied every single treatment out there and it's still not getting better, take a look at the following things that aggravate chin acne and if you're doing any or all of them, then temporarily (or permanently) stop doing these:
- Habits such as resting your chin on your hand, excessive use of mobile phones, shaving and accidentally scratching a pimple all contribute to its severity. All of these can trigger an infection, ergo additional zits so make sure that when you're suffering chin acne, always clean your mobile phone and clean surfaces before resting it on them, stop shaving temporarily, and put your hands somewhere else other than your chin.
2. SWITCH TO CHIN BREAKOUT- FRIENDLY PRODUCTS IN THE MEANTIME
- Breakouts caused by toothpaste and mouthwash is a thing and it's called Perioral Dermatitis. SLS in toothpaste is always dubbed as the main culprit behind breakouts.
Lip balm with fragrance is considered as a potential cause of chin breakout too.
Facial wash with heavy fragrance and SLS can contribute to the breakout too.
If chin breakout is severe at the moment, switch to SLS- free toothpaste, mouthwash, lip balm, and facial wash first until breakout subsides.
3. REST FROM DAIRY
- Dairy is notorious for being one of the culprits behind breakouts. If you consume dairy a lot, minimize or avoid it completely temporarily until your breakout clears up.
4. USE PROPER MEDICATION
- I've read that Tretinoin is an ideal topical solution for chin breakout. But before usage, please make sure that you do not have any known allergies with the product.
In relation to number 4, if your breakout is not getting any better, then it's time to seek a dermatologist.
Hope this helps and I hope your skin gets better.
Happy Friday, everyone!
**Got a burning question on makeup, skin care, fragrance, beauty, fitness, health, diet, love, blogging, career, or anything under the sun? Send me a message via contact form, email me at email@example.com, or contact me via THE BEAUTY JUNKEE'S FACEBOOK FAN PAGE.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.