FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: My current skin care routine (Anti-acne, Fall 2018)


Hola! Since #shelfie is the new trend nowadays on Instagram, it's high time I share with you my skin care routine.

To those who don't know what #Shelfie is, it's a trend on Instagram where people share photos of their shelves containing current essentials, from food, art, hobbies, and beauty. Beauty Bloggers have been sharing their skin care shelfies so here's mine. The timely question for today is from Bbcom:

Hi Martha,
Gurl, here's the real Q. What's your skin care routine? Would love to try this kind of thing, but hello pimples T_T.
Bbcom


Hello Bbcom!


Just like you, I'm prone to acne too! Not that super prone, but I have my days. Like right now, due to stress and hormones, I'm breaking out and skin's a bit sensitive lately. :(

So here's the Fall edition of my skin care routine (I know, we don't have Fall, but it's a beauty/fashion season that everyone can relate to so there!). They're all meant to help me manage acne!


My current skin type: Combination oily/normal

My current skin condition: breakouts every now and then. Currently dealing with post- acne marks. 

Skin care routine concept: Gentle anti- acne with lots of hydration plus some brightening.

AM SKIN CARE ROUTINE:

CLEANSE: I was with The Body Shop Himalayan Clay Soap. This soap is made with Himalayan Bamboo Charcoal (ethically and sustainably sourced!) and tea tree and eucalyptus oils that help fight inflammation and bacteria. It smells so good! I'm currently into soaps too because I'm loving the simplicity and I think soaps tend to be more natural in terms of formula.

TONE: I use Ciracle Pore Minimizing Toner to help get rid of excess oil and to further seal my pores to keep dirt, grime, and excess sebum away.

MOISTURIZE: Ciracle Oil- Free Moisturizing lotion. A lightweight moisturizer with acne- fighting ingredient, Glyzhyrrin.

PROTECT: Bioré UV Spray for my body. For my face, I don't normally wear sunscreen any longer because my foundations contain a good amount of SPF.

PM SKIN CARE ROUTINE:

CLEANSE: I cleanse with Yllume Facial Cleanser because it has a richer, more moisturizing texture.

TONE: I use Yllume Facial Toner because it doesn't contain alcohol; this will give my skin a break from the alcohol content in Ciracle's toner.

TREAT 1: For my serum of choice, it's not really serum, but oil. I use Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules; concentrated anti-aging formula enriched with ceramides. 

TREAT 2: Another treatment I use is Kiehl's Clearly Corrective brightening serum; I apply it on my post- acne marks.

MOISTURIZE: Afterwards, I seal everything with Yllume Facial Cream. I am using Yllume nowadays because it's an effective anti- acne line; I use Yllume skin care system mostly at night because formulation of the products is generally rich and so that my skin will reap its benefits better.

TREAT 3: For existing zits, I use AcneCure Clindamycin treatment. I swear by this! This is very effective even on cystic acne!

TREAT 5: For my under eyes, I use Bulgarian Rose Q10  Rose Eye Cream because I swear by CoQ10 as an ingredient. I'm glad to find one in this product!

Of course it's important to supplement from within so I'm trying out lately Blooming G, a Borage Oil supplement. Borage Oil is a good supplement for women because it has a multitude of benefits for the skin, hair, health, and even reproductive system. I will talk about this soon!

For twice a week treatments, I use a clay mask (usually L'Oreal Pure Clay mask or whatever is available) and Hadabisei Acne Care sheet mask for further treatment.

So far, my skin is doing great with this batch; I still get breakouts every now and then, but in general, my skin is well- managed, thanks to these!

There you go! Hope you found this helpful. What's your current skin care routine? Please share!

**Got a burning question on beauty, makeup, fragrance, skin care, fitness, exercise, diet, blogging, marriage, relationships, or anything under the sun? Email me at martha.stabarbara@yahoo.com, send me a message via CONTACT FORM, or shoot me a message at THE BEAUTY JUNKEE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK FAN PAGE.

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. Wow thats your secret pala Ms Martha, . best po talga mag invest tayo sa good and quality products kahit mejo pricey! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check bulgarian rose eye cream sa online shop ang mahal po pala pag iipunan ko nalang kasi isa po sa skin problem ko is yung dark under eye ko and i tried many products and I hope bulgarian rose is the one 👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mam, Martha Enjoy talaga ako magbasa ng inyong mga beauty tips.. My Current skin care routine sa AM Facial Wash PONDS /Bb Cream Ponds din po Pm na man Facial Wash Ponds din and moisturizer Cream Nivea.. As of now ok na man po siya sa aking Face 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped kasi nakakatamad. lol
    But nag-heal yung pimples ko

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh! Thanks for this! I used to use the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules too! they're quite greasy but I didn't mind bc they give my eyes a youthful glow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hirap pag oily face -- prone sa acne. Thanks for sharing your skincare routine. I want to try AcneCure Clindamycin and Hadabisei Acne Care sheet mask.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use charcoal peeling masks coz im oily kinda girl before...it does lessen the oil on my face..😊

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)