5 Moisturizing Hacks I swear by!


Long- time readers of The Beauty Junkee know that I am a huge fan of moisture/hydration; I’m probably living proof that well- moisturized/hydrated skin alone can result to good skin (provided that your skin is not too problematic to begin with!); my routine is comprised of a majority of hydrating products as well as moisturizing hacks that I’ve personally tried and tested throughout my stint as a beauty blogger, and I still use them today because they’re evergreen! I’d love to share these hacks with you today!


1. SANDWICHING MOISTURE

This is a skin care technique, which I read was popularized by skin care expert, Caroline Hirons; it’s basically using acids, facial mist, essence, and moisturizer right after the other to trap moisture in the skin and keep it longer; I’ve been doing this for the longest time now, with the exception of acids, and sandwiching moisture is just a cool way to call it!

A smart way to moisturize is to apply essence and moisturizer on damp skin; applying moisture on a dry surface is not the optimal way to do it because the moisture from the products will just evaporate quickly if applied on a dry surface. If skin is not damp before applying skin care, quickly spritz a facial mist or plain water then pile on your products right away

2. COLD WATER, ALWAYS

Here’s a fun fact about me: I wash my face with cold water all the time. Because hot water can dry up the skin by stripping it of moisture and natural oil. Cold water helps tighten the pores too.
3. DRINK YOUR H20!

An advice that’s as old as time! Skin is the mirror of what happens within and if your skin is dry and flaky, it’s probably a sign that you are dehydrated so stay hydrated and drink 6- 8 glasses of water per day!

4. EAT LOTS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES

Fruits and vegetables are primarily made up of water, and if you’re not too much of a water drinker (I hate to admit it, but this is me sometimes), eating lots of fruits and veggies will help.
5. TAKE YOUR SUPPLEMENTS

One supplement that I have tried and proven to work in keeping skin hydrated/moisturized is Borage oil. Borage oil is a rich source of Gamma-Linoleic Acid, a fatty acid that is known to help regulate water loss in the body. The fact that it is in oil form helps moisturize skin from within too.

The Borage oil brand I use is Blooming G. You can get it from Mercury Drug and Metro Pharmacy in Metro Manila. Online, you can buy it from BAUCH CARES OFFICIAL WEBSITE. Visit BLOOMING G on Facebook, BLOOMING G OFFICIAL WEBSITE, and @ bloominggph on Instagram if you want to know more about this product.

READ:
Is Borage Oil an ideal supplement for women?Blooming G review + results

These are the 5 moisturizing hacks I swear by! Have you tried any of these? Share with me your moisturizing tips and tricks!

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. 100% agree with lots and lots of water! I'm not sure if it helps but I find my skin healthier now that I drink water with lemon.
    Just curious though regarding sandwiching moisturizing items, I think I read somewhere that we need to wait for the product applied to sink in for about 3 minutes before proceeding to the next product? What is your practice Ms M! Thanks for these hacks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with all your beauty hacks for a moisturized. Thanks for sharing your tips. I always keep in mind drinking a lot of water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blooming G is love ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)