Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in Sex on Fire: Is it worth it?

Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Swish and Pop Blusher in Sex on Fire review.

PRICE: Around P2,300.00+
FROM: Lane Crawford, Harbour City, Hong Kong
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at charlottetilbury.com

THE VERDICT:

I've had my eye on Charlotte Tilbury's Cheek to Chic blush for the longest time now because I've read glowing reviews. I finally scored one in my recent Hong Kong trip; btw, to those who don't know, Charlotte Tilbury is only available in Asia in Hong Kong; other than this, you have to order through the official website.

A lot of reviews said that Charlotte Tilbury's blushes are mighty pretty and one of the most natural- looking blushes ever; 'tis enough for a makeup lover and slightly blush- crazed gal like me to say SHUT-UP-AND-TAKE-MY-MONEY.

I got Sex on Fire, which I will swatch and review for you gals and guys today; but I have mixed feelings about it.


Ingredients

Charlotte Tilbury Cheek To Chic Blush features Light Fix Technology that captures and reflects light, resulting to a glowing complexion, pigments infused with finely- crushed pearls for a radiant look, buildable color, and it comes in 6 shades.

The blush features two- tone powders: a lighter one for a light wash of color and a darker one for the apples; the name 'Swish and Pop' literally translates to how you should use this product: Swish the brush on the outer circle then finally, dab the brush on the center.

L-R: Outer blush, center blush, blended together

Sex On Fire features a deep rose shade (center) and a warm, powder pink shade (outer). The powders have a soft, smooth finely- milled texture and pigmentation is sheer to medium; the product is designed to deliver a natural- looking finish so if you are the type who's into blushes that POP, this is not the product for you. The product is unscented and comes in a plastic compact lined with metal.

Outer blush

I used the product as a pseudo-contouring powder here. First impression on the payoff is it's nice and skin- like; doesn't look like it's sitting on top of the skin.

Center blush

I used the blush on my apples for a pop of color.

Staying power of the product is good; it stays put for about 3 hours, but stays on longer if applied directly on a damp base. The finish of the powder gives a healthy, transparent, natural glow to the skin; it's also not chalky.

Why do I have mixed feelings with this product? It's a nice blush, yet it lacks a couple of wow factors; it's one of the most expensive blushes I own, next to Chanel Joues Contraste, but I wasn't that impressed with the color selection as I found it too much in favor of fairer skin tones (Sex on Fire was the only one that looked good on me) plus the overall finish-even if it's healthy, glowing, nice, natural, and all that jazz-seemed a bit 'meh' for me. Man, if you're charging me P2,000+ for a blush, you better give me more shade options and just won't be 'nice' (y'all get what I'm saying???) because 2k is two kilos of sili already! LOL.

In comparison with Chanel's blush, that blush had a better-looking radiant effect plus it's buildable. I get that Charlotte Tilbury is the anti-thesis of the Instagram makeup (or in this case, Instagram blush) look, but it's not cutting it for me; perhaps if it had a similar glow or better glow than Chanel Joues Contraste, I'd probably love this product.

I won't be getting rid of this anytime soon because as I said, it's still a nice product, but I won't be buying it again anytime soon too. If you're planning to buy this, I suggest skip it and go for the other Charlotte Tilbury complexion products such as Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro Powder.

CHARLOTTE TILBURY CHEEK TO CHIC BLUSH IN SEX ON FIRE RATING

Post a Comment

0 Comments