Pat McGrath Lust Gloss: Lipgloss for non-lipgloss wearers!

Pat McGrath Lust Gloss review.

PRICE: P1,800
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in sephora.ph

THE VERDICT:

What do you get when you marry caring oils and lip balm? A unique gloss formula that's lust- worthy, even non- lipgloss wearers would want to wear it. Lip gloss tend to feel sticky, runny, and oftentimes, formula bleeds around the lips, but Mother Pat has fixed that with Lust: Gloss.

I discovered Pat McGrath's Lust: Gloss through samples sent to me; it was the product that I was least excited about due to my past experience with and notions on lip gloss, but after trying it on, I was impressed and I think I found the lip gloss that I don't mind wearing on a daily basis!


Ingredients
Pat McGrath Lust: Gloss features a blend of precious oils to moisture, nourish, and soothe skin, with a high shine payoff and texture plus the finish of a lip balm. There are 26 shades available.

The packaging is amazing! Pat McGrath's product packaging is one of the things that attracted me to the brand! The packaging is so pretty that it's been two weeks since I got these and I still can't find myself throwing away the boxes!

L-R: Aliengenic, Pale Fire Nectar, Dare To Bare, 
According to interviews and articles I've read, Lust: Gloss was originally a clear gloss included in PMG's Lip Kits; fans loved the formula of the gloss and as a gloss and glitter lover herself, Pat McGrath eventually launched a separate lip gloss line in Spring of 2018 that features shimmer, shine, and glitter finishes.

The tubes have a bit of weight to them and is bigger than an average lip gloss tube, making it not too travel- friendly. Volumetric weight is 4.5g; it's a gram or two heavier than most lip glosses by other brands, but product volume is about 3g, which is pretty much the standard volume for lip glosses.

L-R: Dare to Bare, Pale Fire Nectar, Flesh Astral, Aliengenic
The first time I swatched the glosses, they transferred right away to my skin, but it surprisingly did not feel runny; it also felt lightweight  and not at all sticky.

Here's a closer look; a friend who owns a couple of this product told me that Lust: Gloss has the best glitter glosses because it gives a true high shine, glitter effect from the tube to the lips.

I couldn't agree more; check out this close up:

You know, I hate photographing glitter gloss because I always can't seem to do justice to its effect; after trying on Lust: Gloss, I realized that aside from photography skills, good lighting, and good camera, the product has to be legit and good too; I never expected that I'd be able to capture the actual effect of this gloss, but it just showed its true beauty effortlessly to the camera; indeed it's one of the best glitter gloss formulas around! Before, MAC Dazzleglass was okay for me, but move over MAC, all hail Pat McGrath!

Another thing to note is the glitters don't emit inconsistent shine because PMG used micro glitters instead of chunky ones that work synergistically, giving lips a uniform full- bodied, high shine, sparkly look.

The gloss has a hybrid texture of a lip oil, gloss, and lip balm: it's moisturizing and softening like a lip oil, has the feel of a gloss, and the weight of a lip balm; the surface looks and feels more glass- like than goop; it sticks, but doesn't feel sticky, doesn't bleed around the lips, keeps my smoochies moisturized the whole day. It does fade off after a meal, but I can't be too bothered by retouching so I don't find it a problem. However, I don't find the shades opaque as what PMG claims them to be; pigmentation is medium at best. Also, while it's a great matte lipstick topper that immediately adds a patent finish, I find that the glitters of the glitter glosses disappear if you swipe it on so my advice is to tap the wand on the lips to take advantage of the glitter effect.

Here are the shades that I have so far:

1. ALIENGENIC

- This shade was released in the MET Gala collection. It's a milky white gloss with fluorescent pink shimmer. If you like that disco ball lip, get this.

2. FLESH ASTRAL

- Milky light beige; great for daily use and for adding a volumized lip illusion.

2. PALE FIRE NECTAR

- A fuchsia-tinted gloss with fluorescent pink glitter. A cool, vintage shade that surprisingly works on any skin tone.

3. DARE TO BARE

- Milky muted pink shade with gold shimmer. Another everyday gloss shade, which I think will look great on medium and fair skin tones.

Overall, these are amazing lip glosses; love the non- sticky, tolerable, nourishing formula, and holy cow, the glitter glosses are blindingly legit! I found myself wearing lip gloss more often, but only Lust: Gloss because it's non- sticky and I can't stand very sticky lip gloss. I've been wearing lip gloss often because of this and I think it's a great summer product to try; I'm a non-lipgloss wearer and if I wear one, that means it's fairly good. 

I'm still a lipstick girl at heart, but if I would be left in the world with only a tube of lip gloss, I want it to be this. My favorite shades are Pale Fire Nectar and Flesh Astral.

Have you tried this product already? Share your experience!

Use my code: MARTHA upon checkout at sephora.ph to avail of the 10% discount!

PAT MCGRATH LUST: GLOSS RATING

Please visit SEPHORA PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information. Click HERE to purchase this product.

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. Wow eto pla yun ms martha super ganda. , maharlika pla sya but Worth it naman gganda ng paglitters., specially the aliengenic

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! grabe kinang nyan! ako personally Im not very into lip gloss kasi d naman sya long lasting tlga and madali din tlga sya nadadry lng, I hope yan d gnun hehe, but that one is amazing! ang ganda sa camera or is it a tricks? super kinang nyan madam ah! bagay sana yan now sa mga ngpaprom hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is giving me major 80's vibes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flesh Astral👍👍👍..
    Grabe ganda nya pangtop sa mga lipstick na almost same ng colors nung lipgloss.
    you'll have a luscious lips.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)