Tatcha The Silk Canvas Primer: Unbelievable smoothness!

Tatcha The Silk Canvas Primer review, price, demo.


PRICE: 52USD (approximately P2,700+)
FROM: Sephora, Fashion Valley San Diego, California, USA
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at select Sephora locations; sephora.com; tatcha.com

tatcha the silk canvas primer review morena filipina
THE VERDICT:

Tatcha is one of the luxury beauty products that have always been on my must- try list; because anything with gorgeous packaging, I love and it's products are inspired by ancient Japanese beauty rituals made modern (anything Japanese beauty excites me because in the span of my beauty blogging career, I've proven that their products are one of the most effective and worth investing in), plus it has a slew of celebrity following including Meghan Markle.

I picked up one of their famous products, The Silk Canvas Protective Primer; wasn't expecting a lot except that it's an expensive primer, but man, to use is to believe; this gives my makeup an unbelievably smooth look! I'm hooked!



tatcha the silk canvas primer review morena filipina
Tatcha The Silk Canvas Primer is a balm primer with a multitasking formula that apparently protects, primes, soothes, and perfects. Formula contains botanical actives, anti-pollution properties, and Hadasei-3, a trio of green tea, rice, and algae, three important ingredients in Japanese skin care. Pink and Gold pearls provide a color- correcting benefit. This talented, silky balm provides a layer of protection between skin and makeup to prevent future breakouts, provides skin care benefits, and promises to keep skin healthy and protected; claims to suit all skin types, and non- comedogenic, non- irritating, formulated with synthetic dyes, fragrances, mineral oil, sulfates, urea, DEA, and TEA.

tatcha the silk canvas primer review morena filipina
Ingredients

tatcha the silk canvas primer review morena filipina
Product comes in a box and wrapped in foil to maintain freshness and prevent people from opening and contaminating the product. There's also a spatula, which is great.

tatcha the silk canvas primer review morena filipina
What was Tatcha's inspiration behind this product? In the olden times, the Geisha would wear a wax called Bintsuke before applying white makeup to protect their skin from the dye and powder. Apparently, primer was a thing in ancient Japan. 

This product aims to bring back this beauty ritual, but in a modernized way, texture, and formula.

tatcha the silk canvas primer review morena filipina
The pot is HUGE. Since the product is spreadable and feels quite concentrated, I figured that this pot will last me for more than a year even with daily use. A little really goes a long way.

Texture is a matte cream balm; it has a silicone- like texture, but feels more like a matte moisturizer, if you know what I'm saying. It has a floral green tea fragrance and finish is soft matte. I would scoop a half a pea- sized amount and concentrate application on my T-Zone.

A lot of reviews swear by this primer for its smoothing power. Check out my photos below for a before and after:

tatcha the silk canvas primer review morena filipina
Before

tatcha the silk canvas primer review morena filipina
After

To be honest, I wasn't impressed in the beginning; there was some smoothing effect that took place, but not significant enough to make me say wow. I almost thought that I wasted a lot of money on a high falutin' pot of primer until I applied my makeup:

tatcha the silk canvas primer review morena filipina
WOW!
In this photo, I used a fairly regular pressed powder from Pink Sugar; it has light to medium coverage and doesn't look this smooth on its own. But when I applied it on top of Tatcha's Primer, it's like the coverage was leveled up in an instant! Wow!

TBJ TIP: This primer doesn't work well with gel and alcohol- rich moisturizers; it will end up coagulating. Use this primer with a cream- based moisturizer instead.
My face looks so smooth every time I use this primer and I can't believe it! I love using this when I'm wearing powder because it instantly improves the look and finish. When I wear this with liquid foundation, I literally look like a walking filter (LOL) because it looks so, so smooth! The downside is oil control is very minimal; about 2 hours max then I'd have to blot, but the rest of my face still looks amazingly smooth.

Even if it doesn't have impressive oil control, I still love this primer because I'm hooked on its smoothing effect, plus I love the skin care benefits as well; my face never broke out and in fact, I felt that my breakout was minimized when I started using it! I love it and will definitely repurchase when I run out; now I wanna try the other Tatcha products!

Tatch The Silk Canvas primer is perfect for dull, rough skin, normal, mildly oily, and dry skin types.

TATCHA THE SILK CANVAS PRIMER RATING

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Wow! Totoong walking filter tlga Ms. M.
    I hope you can also review the ELF Putty Primer for comparison since many say that it is Tatcha's dupe.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)