Byredo La Tulipe EDP: my second favorite perfume from Byredo

Byredo La Tulipe EDP review

PRICE: 300SGD (around P10,000-P12,000)
FROM: Byredo, Ngee Ann City, Singapore
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at byredo.com

Byredo La Tulipe EDP: my second favorite perfume from Byredo morena filipina beauty blog
THE VERDICT:

One of my agendas in Singapore was to visit Byredo's boutique and grab another perfume of theirs; thought it would be nice to see in the flesh the niche luxury fragrance brand that I have discovered and loved during the height of the lockdown.

During my visit, I realized that Byredo's strength is in the creation of light, fresh, daytime fragrances so I set my mind on getting another daytime perfume to alternate with Bal D' Afrique, but this time, I wanted it to be on the floral side. I whittled my options down to the following: La Tulipe, Flowerhead, and Sundazed, I went for La Tulipe because it's such a beautiful bouquet of white florals and it's just springtime in a bottle.

Byredo La Tulipe EDP: my second favorite perfume from Byredo morena filipina beauty blog
La Tulipe is categorized as a floral-green fragrance. Top notes have Freesia, Cyclamen, and Rhuburb,  Middle notes have pink tulip, and base notes have woodsy, green, and vetyver notes.

La Tulipe opens to a bright, fresh bouquet of white florals and greens with a hint of fruit, like cutting open a bouquet of flowers and there's a burst of floral fragrance once it unravels. After. a few minutes, the scent mellows into a softer floral. The fragrance has a soft floral scent all throughout with just a hint of vetyver and wood. The fragrance literally reminds me of tulips on a table by the window awash with sunlight; and if there's one fragrance that I think would best represent tulips, it would be this. Out of topic, but I am today years old when I learned that some tulip variants actually have a scent; I have long believed that tulips are odorless flowers LOL.

If La Tulipe were human, she would be a young woman who loves white and neutrals, follows trends, but doesn't compromise on style, and overall, just someone who's pretty overall: from her look to aura. I'm not really sure about the pretty part (lol), but this persona and style that this fragrance has created in my mind is actually my approach to fashion nowadays-I figured that La Tulipe would be the perfect fragrance for my kind of style nowadays. But even without the fashion angle, in the most technical sense, La Tulipe is a beautiful, sophisticated, feminine daytime floral fragrance.

As for the staying power, it lasts the whole day, but doesn't really leave a loud trail, but rather an intimate one.

Love this fragrance. It's my other HG from Byredo next to Bal D' Afrique.

Have you tried this fragrance already? What do you think?

BYREDO LA TULIPE EDP RATING

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. I wonder how big your perfume collection na as of today kasi before madami na yung pinakita nyo na collection 🥰 kaya naimagine ko na yung current collection 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)