THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog
I was contemplating whether or not I'll proceed with this annual best-in-beauty list of mine because to be completely honest with you, I rarely used makeup and if I did, it's just a small set of makeup essentials that are enough to make me look decent everywhere I went. It was only at the latter part of 2022 when I decided to rebuild my makeup collection that I started buying makeup again--because I learned that a lot of the products are expired already and I want to try new stuff for myself and to review for my followers and readers.

So this hit list is small and sweet, and these are the best makeup products of 2022. Check it out!

BEST PRIMER: IMAGIC HD PRIMER

- Great for oily skin, did not break me out, and helps improve the coverage of foundation by smoothing the skin and keeping it vibrant for hours. A great and affordable silicone- based foundation. It's a great alternative to Smashbox Photofinish primer too!

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog
BEST FOUNDATION: CHANEL ULTRA LE TEINT ALL DAY COMFORT FOUNDATION

- A really nice soft matte foundation with good staying power. Covers well despite having medium coverage only, but looks very natural and doesn't have that noticeably matte look despite the finish. Also, this foundation has perfected that dewy matte effect in my opinion!

SPECIAL MENTION:


THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog
BEST POWDER: READY SET GLOW LOOSE POWDER

I'm wearing Hakuna Matte- ta ta in this photo. The powder has a nice, blurring finish and leaves a matte finish; it's not flat matte, but not dewy matte either. I like how this powder smooths out the texture of my skin and tbh, it kinda' reminds me of the finish of Coty Airspun loose powder, which was once one of the most popular makeup setting powders of 2018, thanks to beauty vloggers who popularized it.

SPECIAL MENTION:

2. Laura Mercier Translucent Glow Setting Powder
3. Laura Mercier Translucent Pressed Powder

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog
BEST POWDER FOUNDATION: MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY FULL COVERAGE POWDER FOUNDATION

- I just picked this up on a random trip to Watsons without reading reviews prior because I ran out of powder foundation. Turns out that it's good. I like that I found a shade match, it delivers full coverage, and doesn't look caky on the skin at all. It feels and looks smooth on the skin too.

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog
BEST CONCEALER: PAT MCGRATH SKIN FETISH CONCEALER

- A good medium to full coverage concealer. Coverage is amazing! It covers well and gives the skin a nice, smooth look.

SPECIAL MENTION:


THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog

Aside from being a good setting mist, I like it functions as skin care on the go too. I spray it anytime on my face and on my body most especially after walking outdoors because it helps rehydrate my skin.

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog
BEST MULTITASKING FACE COLOR: GRWM MILK TINT

- A multi-tasking, non- drying tint in a generous volume and packaging. Smells delicious, has good staying power (3-4 hours on my oily skin), and fairly easy to use-I love that I can apply this even on top of powder.

SPECIAL MENTION:

1. The Body Shop Freestyle Multitasking Color

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog
BEST EYESHADOW PALETTE: ANASTASIA SOFT GLAM II

I love the depth of the neutrals in this palette and how it can go from day to night easily. Mulberry is an intimidating shade, but once you learn how to work with it, it does wonders to the your eye makeup look by giving it a deep, festive appeal.

SPECIAL MENTION:

1. Make Up For Ever Aqua Resist Cream Eyeshadow
2. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog
BEST CHEEK PALETTE: HOURGLASS AMBIENT LIGHTING UNIVERSE PALETTE

Overall, amazing palette and I love how my skin looks whenever I use this. Piece of advice, if you're planning of investing in an Ambient Light palette, I highly recommend that you get this palette. If this is not available anymore since it's limited edition, get any Ambient Lighting palette that has a multiple powder combo, not just all highlighter; because I think you'll be able to maximize the full effect of the Ambient Lighting powder on your skin if everything is the same; the powders will work synergistically to give you that signature Ambient powder glow.

SPECIAL MENTION:

1. Laura Mercier Powder Blush in Kir Royale

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog
BEST BROW PRODUCT: HEAVY ROTATION BROW PENCIL

- Smooth, glides easily, and has a beautiful, soft finish. It's so easy to use too and has incredible staying power.

SPECIAL MENTION:


THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog
BEST EYELINER: HEROINE MAKE SUPER WATERPROOF EYELINER

- Heroine Make is back and this is my current favorite liquid eyeliner.

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog
BEST MASCARA: AVON 5 IN ONE LASH GENIUS MASCARA

- Wasn't expecting at all that Avon would produce amazing mascaras, but I'm pleasantly surprised by this one. It volumizes and gives my lashes decent curl despite being sparse. It also feels nice and fluffy, not crusty on the lashes.

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE HIT LIST: Best Makeup products of 2022 morena filipina beauty blog
BEST LIP PRODUCT: NARS POWERMATTE LIPSTICK

One of my favorite lipstick finds this year because it's just as good as Dior, but more affordable. Love the shade selection too! Looking forward to getting another tube! Best part is no dryness at all; my super sensitive lips are okay with the formula!

SPECIAL MENTION:

1. Dior Rouge Forever Lipstick
2. Burt's Bees Glossy Balm in Eat Drink and Be Cherry

Best skin care, hair care, body care, and fragrance products of 2022, coming up next!

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Ang ganda ng shade ng Nars matte lipstick 💄 at Tint. I Want to try to. 🥰😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for always sharing maam martha 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)