Review: MAJOLICA MAJORCA LASH ENAMEL GLAMOUR VOLUME ON (BLACK)

Here's an initial review on Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Volume On Volumizing Mascara (Whew! That was a mouthful!)

PRICE: 795php
PLACE BOUGHT: Watson's, SM Makati
OTHER LOCATIONS: SM Megamall; direct sellers online

Photo Credits: cosmetic-candy.com

THE VERDICT:

Here's my take on one of the most favorite mascaras of Pinays to date.

Japanese mascaras have gained a lot of popularity due to their amazing volumizing and lengthening capabilities. Makes me wonder, why do Japanese women fantasize over lush and long lashes?

Because thick and long lashes frame, deepen, and accentuate the eyes. A majority of Asians are not really blessed with thick and long lashes, so it's probably the reason why some of the best mascaras are made by Asian brands.

Let's skip my analogy, shall we? Well, since the name of this mascara is a mouthful, I shall refer to it as the 'Lash Enamel'. Majolica Majorca is a sister company of Shiseido, one of Japan and the world's leading cosmetic and skin care companies.

I believe that Majolica Majorca was inspired by fairy tales. Unicorns, fairies, wonder dusts, princesses, you get the drift. Their latest collection, 'Fake Sleeping' (huh?) is proof that my belief is true!

It comes with an info card. The words on the box are written in Japanese so this piece of paper is really handy.
Lash Enamel has a comb wand. Notice that there are two sets of teeth on the wand. The top set, which is composed of bigger and widely- spaced teeth are meant for the upper lashes, while the bottom set, which is narrower in terms of spacing, and has finer and smaller teeth are meant to be used on the bottom lashes.

I find that the smaller set of bristles are easier to use than the bigger ones. The bigger bristles make my lashes clump. But they're best used when I'm doing the 'fan look' on my upper lashes right after applying my desired amount of mascara.

Bare lashes.

First coat

Second coat

Third coat.

Fake lashes effect, eh? It's one of the best mascara brands I've tried. I'm a mascara snob. I am loyal to Maybelline, but this one really impressed me.

However, there are some things that you have to consider. If you're not used to using comb wands, better practice at home when you have the time so you won't end up with spider- looking or clumpy lashes. Secondly, it wasn't named 'Lash Enamel' for no reason. The consistency of the mascara is semi- wet and it imparts a glossy finish. Well, you won't have patent lashes, because the 'enamel' effect just amplifies the color of the mascara. Lastly, since the consistency is semi- wet, you have to allow the first coat to dry for a few seconds before applying another coat.

It's crazily waterproof, so you will need a good mascara remover to take this one off. It stays put all throughout the day. No flaking, streaking, and smudging. I've also observed that the 'fan look' I've created during my preparation time looks and stays the same all day!

I highly recommend this. It's a bit expensive than Maybelline, but it's worth it! Others are raving about the Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara. So if you need length more than volume, you better check the latter out!

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. I've been loyal to Maybelline too! they create quality mascaras that define my invisible lashes..

    Thanks for the review Martha! I'll check this out once I get my feet to Megamall.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Maybelline mascaras, too! They're affordable pero ganda ng results!

    As much as I love Maybelline, I think that I would need to try this mascara asap for a lovely false lashes look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. karla: No prob! thanks for reading. :)

    nini: oh you tell me. Maybelline fan here! :D

    Majolica Majorca is indeed worth the try! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love Maybelline!

    But this looks like a good product to save up for :)

    Thanks for the review!

    http://smizingmica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mica: who couldn't possibly love Maybelline's mascaras? :)

    Yes, it's very nice. :) I swear, it really does the job in making your lashes look really thick!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)