Review: ETUDE HOUSE GINGKO LIP PATCH

Here's an initial review on Etude House Gingko Lip Patch

PRICE: Around 70-80php
PLACE BOUGHT: Etude House, SM Megamall
OTHER LOCATIONS: Etude House branches in malls nationwide

THE VERDICT:

First and foremost, this is not a lip patch. If it were, it should be plastered on the lips. But it's meant for the lower chin and the Philtrum Infranasal Depression. It's the area with a dent that extends from the tip of your upper lip to the nose. Okay that's quite a mouthful. So I'll just call it Philtrum.


Honestly, I bought this because I thought it's like a Nose Patch. If you fold your lower lip all the way into your mouth, you'll see that there are tiny whiteheads lurking on that part. These must be removed because they can cause pimples. One way to remove them is through scrubbing, though it doesn't really remove them completely.

To my dismay, it ain't a whitehead removing patch. It's a moisturizing patch for the chin and Philtrum.

Anyway, here's what I have to say.

It has a faint citrus scent. The back part of the patch, which contains the moisturizing ingredients, are plushy and kinda' moist. So be sure to slap it on the intended areas right after opening the pack because these will dry out if left exposed to air for a couple of minutes.

Okay. So I had to become the bearded lady for around 15 minutes. Sadly, the patch falls off. You have to lay on the bed during the whole procedure so you'd get the benefits of this patch. It imparts a stinging sensation, which later on develops to an itchy feeling. I didn't like it. At least it left the parts kinda' moisturized, but it didn't do anything significant to my chin and Philtrum area. So yeah, I'm not buying this again.

This is the thing with some Korean brands. Don't get me wrong, they have a lot of awesome products, but some of the products are just trends. They seem promising, but in the end, they're just that---Trends. Next time, I should not fall prey to these "innovative" products. The 80 bucks could've afforded me a meal!

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. you made me smile with your photo sis,, if there's one thing worth being happy with this post, is your pic. not such a good buy, huh.. oo nga sana pinangkain mo nalang yung 80.. u can have a decent burger with that! :)

    i agree with you on the "trends" part.. though i haven't tried most of them. i just always feel in awe when i bumped into products such as these on blogs.. they're like.. new innovations/experiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. belle: thanks for dropping by! Onga, konti na lang may bonchon meal na ako!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yer pic made me giggle, so cuuute :D reminded me of santa hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. i tried these, it's meant to brighten your lip area. AND it DOES. In fact, I have a lighter area above my lip that won't go away lol. It's great for that.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)