My Current Lip Product Collection


The blog The Beauty Junkee was built on a dream--to amass a truckload of lip products. One or two from every brand, in every color, cheap and expensive, popular or unknown. The Beauty Junkee has travelled by plane, by boat, and through the Internet to gather some of the world's finest lip products. In 2009, The Beauty Junkee has acquired a total of 170 lipsticks, 30 lip glosses, and 50 lip balms.


But hey, people grow up. I did. I just realized, what's the point of collecting a lot if I always use my favorites anyway? At the early part of 2010, I started selling off a huge portion of my collection. I had a box filled with sealed lip products, and decided to give them away to my friends and relatives. I was even surprised to find out that I have this and that particular color and product! In fact, I didn't even remember purchasing some of the products I used to have!

Another reason why I sold off a huge part of my collection was, I didn't have enough storage space at home to house them all. But if I did, this dream could've continued until today. :p

Now in 2012, here's my current lipstick collection. This is what has become of PROJECT LIPSTICK. A lot say that I still have a lot but trust me, this collection has been trimmed down considerably.



Let's start with my lipstick collection: I have a lot of MAC lipsticks because it's the most accessible and affordable lipstick brand for me. Some of my prized possessions are YSL's Rouge Pur Couture, Lime Crime, and Guerlain, and Giorgio Armani.

I don't mean to brag when I say that I rarely take interest in affordable lipstick brands. I am a discerning buyer, and I don't mind spending if something's really worth my money. But Colour Collection, NYX, and Avon has made it to my list, so that means these products have great quality indeed.


Lipglosses: I have blurred the last product on the leftmost part of the picture because I am not allowed to reveal it yet. All I can say is that this lipgloss is one of my current favorites. Getting curious now? You'll find out about it very soon. :)

These are the only lipglosses I use because I love their colors, and they are lightweight and almost non- sticky. Personally, I don't like lipgloss, especially on a windy day, because the blowing wind makes my hair stick to my lips whenever I have lipgloss on.


Lipbalms: These guys were my best friends last April. They have kept my lips moisturized and protected from the sun's harmful rays. Whenever I'll go out and I won't stay out for too long, I just put some lip balm on.

There's my collection! How about you? What do you love collecting? Spill!

Post a Comment

17 Comments

  1. I like what you said:
    "what's the point of collecting a lot if I always use my favorites anyway"
    That's what I also do. though I love to have a collection of make up with me, I always knew that instead of keeping some products (which I rarely use) inside my box, some girls might just be using that everyday. So I ask my sis-in-law or mama if they like, then I just give it to them if they do. And I love that you include Nivea lip balm because I use them since highschool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fellow lippie addict here! I have yet the means to splurge on MAC and Lime Crime though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your collection sis! I only have NYX round l/s, soft matte lip cream and carmex lipbalms. Lemming ko talaga MAC kahit siguro russian red and girl about town ok na sakin. I'm a lipgloss and lipbalm girl lang kasi. Kelan lang ako naglakas ng loob mag lipstick XD No wonder you really love lipstick! Ang dameeeeee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. krizzia: hello there and welcome to my blog! :D Although sometimes, like you, I still fantasize about owning a closet filled with lipsticks. :D Of course! Nivea is one of my well- loved brands, and I always find myself reaching for them during weekends. :) Thanks for sharing! :D

    kath: haha. thanks dear! Russian red will look good on you. :)

    Janine: thanks for sharing! :D Hope you can share collection in your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!
    i follow you on bloglovin,
    follow me back? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a lot... I only have few lipstick na.. na holdap ako ng mga sisters ko kasi lol...

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your collection!!! :)
    I have my lippie collection too but they're not as many as what you have here.. :)

    i have yet to try the NYX lipsticks. Are they just available online?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you said about the point of collecting. I also sold some of my lipsticks and hopefully, will have the guts to stop buying lipstick na din muna. :)

    Kiss Kiss,
    Bec of http://mygorgeouspinkcheeks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a scary, formidable lip product collection too. I have over 160 lip products!

    Thing is, I surprisingly am able to use most of them. So, no throwing anything out! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. alexis: waaah! good for you! now I miss my collection. haha! Thanks for sharing and visiting! :D

    Bec: The guts part, let's see if we can do that since we're both enamored with lipsticks and makeup. :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think i'm starting to be like you..i have more lip products, currently I only have 2 eyeshadow and 3 shades of blush on ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you candidly said you wanted free lipstick so you decided to blog :)) My lipstick craze is just starting but I will try to keep it to a minimum. ;) Hope to see more of your reviews :)

    http://scarletscorpion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alex: Hello there and welcome to my blog! Haha. Funny thing is, I didn't even expect to get a single freebie when I started the blog. But I do get free lipstick right now. Haha! :D Enjoy blogging dear! Will visit your site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your previous dream was a cute one. You 'growing up' shows practicality. With that said, I do think lip products are the most fun ones out there in the cosmetic world.
    Easy to apply, so many to choose from. But hey, we each only have one pair of lips. haha

    http://ohtheendlesspossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. waahh...170 lipsticks! dami nun! i only have 5. i have perfume collection pero konti pa lang compared to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. im jealous :'( you have a many lipsticks to choose in your own collection.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow so plenty, I bet that will last you a decade Martha ;) I only got 2 lipsticks, 1 in pink and 1 in coral orange.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)