Review: Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Mascara in Black (Albert Elbaz Collection)


Here's a review on Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Mascara in Black

Price: P1,995.00
Bought From: Free
Other Locations: Available in Lancome Greenbelt 5, Rustan's Shangri-La Mall, Rustan's Makati, and Essences Powerplant Mall


THE VERDICT:

If you'll ask me what pricey mascara brand to recommend, I'd say Lancome. (Chanel comes in second) Why? Because it was the first mascara brand I have tried, and my first love, Lancome Virtuose, made me realize that I can magically amp up the volume of my lashes artificially even if I wasn't naturally blessed with it. I have always wished for thick lashes, and mascaras make that dream come true for me everyday. Lancome has opened me up to this possibility.

LANCOME HYPNOSE WATERPROOF MASCARA (ALBERT ELBAZ COLLECTION) IN DETAIL

The Hypnose series is a line of volumizing mascaras. There are three types: This (Hypnose classic), Hypnose Star, and Hypnose Doll Eyes. This classic Hypnose mascara comes in three shades: 01 Black, 02 Deep Black, and 03 Brown.

INGREDIENTS: AQUA / WATER / EAU, PARAFFIN, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE DABEILLE, STEARIC ACID, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, PALMITIC ACID, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PEG-40 STEARATE, SIMETHICONE, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, MYRISTIC ACID, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PANTHENOL, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, BHT, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA]

It originally comes in a black tube, but if you want something cute, you should grab this- the Albert Elbaz limited edition version.

Click READ MORE for full and neatly- styled lashes!


Comes with a traditional wand. The wand can volumize, style, and lengthen all at the same time. Mascara's consistency is semi- creamy and it works very well with the wand, and sets efficiently giving you time to even out the coverage.

LANCOME HYPNOSE WATERPROOF MASCARA (ALBERT ELBAZ COLLECTION) IN ACTION

Bare Lashes
 
One coat

Two coats

Three coats
 
This is a zero clumping mascara and you can definitely layer it on. In terms of volume, nothing beats Lancome Virtuose, but the nice thing about this product is it gives you a well- styled, fanned lash look, as if you're wearing falsies and just like the ones in magazines. I'm also loving the thicker and amplified strands I get from it. It stays mightily all day sans crumbling and smudging, and needs an oil- based makeup remover to take away.

Oh I know, the issue here is the price. The thing with Lancome's mascara is, they have longer and better shelf life, about 6 months maximum without smelling funky, and it gets better as it ages. Most of my Lancome mascaras are still alive around the 7th or 8th month and by then, I use them on my brows. :) So now you know what pricey mascara brand to invest in! :)

LANCOME HYPNOSE WATERPROOF MASCARA (ALBERT ELBAZ COLLECTION) RATING


Please visit LANCOME PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about this product.

Vote for The Beauty Junkee in Style Bible's Virtual Style Awards! You can vote 10 times per day! Thank you! :D

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. This is one of my favorite mascaras too from Lancome! But L'Extreme was my first love but they discontinued it here na :,(

    HUGS!
    Sabs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this tip! Great post :)

    www.nicole-aguinaldo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! And I love that it doesn't clump! It's really difficult to look for great mascaras, but thanks to this, I know now :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally loving the packaging of this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks soo cute! Great post, thanks for this! Been looking for a nice new mascara for ages!

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The packaging looks so cute! I would love to try it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really nice, and the packaging is fab, but for me, if I can get the same performance from a drugstore brand rather than spending almost 2k on a high end product, I'd rather not splurge! Hehe! :))


    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice packaging =) so girly! =) at first you wont be able to tell that this is lancome item =) i first saw this also from the singaporean bloggers =) (dun ba lagi nauuna i-introduce mga items bago sa pilipinas?)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)