SUMPTUOUS SUNDAYS: Little Tokyo


Along Pasay Road, you will find Little Tokyo, a little Japanese food haven flocked daily by Filipinos and Japanese nationals alike; for decades, Little Tokyo served as the go- to place for authentic Japanese food and has satisfied and been satisfying thousands upon thousands of people and their Japanese food cravings. FYI, Little Tokyo is said to be the place in Makati where you can get authentic Japanese food!

Welcome to 'Tokyo'!

It's quite easy to miss and you won't find it easily either, especially if you don't frequent Makati; just remember this: look for this red arc along Pasay Road and when you find it, you're there already! There's also an entrance on the side of the compound, facing Plaza Fair; it's where you can park cars when you come visit at night time.


Little Tokyo is a compound of restaurants with each having their own specialty, but generally, they serve equally great Japanese food. My personal favorite is Oishinbo because their menu is more varied.

PRICE RANGE: P180.00-P200.00 for sushi and sashimi; P250-P800.00 for main course

FYI 2: Little Tokyo, in my opinion, serves the freshest sashimi!

Spicy Tuna is a huge favorite of mine: it's tuna sashimi tossed in mayo and spicy powder accompanied by crunchy batter and topped with seaweeds; perfection in a plate!


Wagyu Sticks; ah, stuff that my dreams are made of; this is not available at Oishinbo, but rather at Urameshiya, a Yakiniku place; it's a grill- type restaurant so don't expect a regular Japanese menu here, but the wagyu sticks are TDF so be sure to order.

TIP: Every wednesday, drop by Urameshiya for unlimited Wagyu Sticks at P500.00 only!

Back to Oishinbo. Beef Teppanyaki that's served sizzling hot; my problem with this one though is the meat can get pretty gummy.

Tonkotsu Ramen; I could remember how Japanese Ramen in Japan tasted like and this one is a good alternative locally. (I can't wait to have authentic Ramen next week!)

Goes without saying that I'll be back here very soon for my fill of Spicy Tuna and Wagyu Sticks!

Post a Comment

22 Comments

  1. Lapit lang nito samin. Pedeng lakarin malapit kase ito sa barangay namin eh. Si hubby tsaka ung officemate nya kumain na sa Little Tokyo. Masarap nga daw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not a FAN of Japanese food hehehhe....But I loved to go there " Little Tokyo" in Pasay Road near my workplace...Spicy Tuna & Beef Teppanyaki looks Delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting go visit this place! Kaso hindi ko talaga makita at lagi ako naliligaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just look for the arch that says Little Tokyo. It's right beside Plaza Fair Makati :)

      Delete
  4. so much food. i love going on food trips. I'm so hungry right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This is so near to my son's school Don Bosco. Now that you have said it, I will ask Hubbie to treat me there for a dinner perhaps. Would definitely want to try the spicy tuna, beef teppanyaki and wagyu stick. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You should go! Or take your family with you! :D

      Delete
  6. Try their Takoyaki!(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last time I was in Little Tokyo I was on a date with a guy who eventually broke my heart 3 years ago. Haha! I wanna go back there to change the memories I have of the place. I loved their Okonimiyaki there btw! Would love to also try out your recommendations. Thanks for sharing your Little Tokyo trip, Martha! :D


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...hope you're feeling better! Yes, yes, please do! Spicy Tuna and Wagyu Cubes ftw!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing this and for the tip for unli Wagyu Sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG may ganto pala "little tokyo". Papakita ko to sa tita ko pag uwi nya from Japan 😍 Nakakagutom 😶😶😶

    ReplyDelete
  10. tagal ko na gusto makapunta dito huhu! Spicy Tuna and Wagyu sticks looks delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so yummy! Craving for sashimi!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! At first glance, I thought it's really in Japan. I thought you're going to Japan? Or just a choice between Cambodia? Hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! Thank you for this! I have a date with my boyfriend today and we'll surely take advantage of the unlimited wagyu sticks! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nakakagutom Ms M!!! will tag along my sisters who loves to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)