TAMPONS VS. PADS + Absorbency Test


TAMPONS- Ever heard of them? I’m sure at one point, you did. It’s the more compact sister of the classic sanitary pad, but don’t belittle this baby because this is just as absorbent as the latter, but bigger on convenience! I’m a tampon user and I use it a lot during my period most especially when I am working out and traveling because it’s fresh, dry, and I don’t have to worry about it sliding around.

I normally get my tampons from Duty Free here in PH. That said, it is not accessible and I don’t like most of the tampons available in stores, plus they’re expensive!

I recently discovered this brand called Ladouce. I tried it recently and I’m glad I’ve found a go- to tampon brand that works and is priced just right!

-->
Before I introduce Ladouce, first, let’s discuss the benefits of Tampons:

1.   Tampons are more compact, discreet, and more travel- friendly.
2.   Tampons allow better mobility and movement, making it a better choice for athletes and fitness and sports enthusiasts.
3.     Tampons minimize unwanted odor due to menstruation.
4.     Tampons are less likely to stain.
5.     Tampons have high absorbency rate because they are placed close to the source of the flow.
6.   Tampons are less likely to cause rashes because there’s no friction between the material and the skin.
7.     You can swim even with a tampon on!

-->
Whether you are an athlete, into sports, or not, you can benefit from Tampons because all of us want convenience, ease, and a more bearable period.


Ladouce is a tampon brand from Europe. It has three sizes for three levels of menstrual flow: Mini (light flow), Normal (regular flow), and Super (heavy flow). The products come in small boxes with an instruction and information pamphlet in each box. A box contains 16 tampons.

 L-R: Normal, Mini, Super

Ladouce is the handiest tampon I’ve ever encountered! You can bring 1, 2, 3, or even 5 and you won’t even notice the difference in space and weight in your bag because these don’t come with the bulky plastic tube launcher that other tampon brands have. Ladouce tampons are tightly sealed with plastic to minimize tearing and perforation.

-->


L-R: Normal, Mini, Super

Ladouce Tampons are made with body- friendly materials: body is made from organic viscose and the string, from cotton. At first, I thought it would be hard to push it in because it doesn’t have the slip that plastic tube launchers have to offer, but I was fairly surprised that it went inside with zero pain, scarring, and irritation.

-->
How do you use a tampon? Here’s an infographic from Ladouce:



-->
The big question you may ask is how absorbent is a Tampon? Here’s a test I did:

I used Ladouce Normal Flow Tampon and a sanitary pad for normal flow. I poured an equal volume of solution on both products. Both have cotton material.

-->
After a little over a minute, here’s what the products look like:

The sanitary pad was able to absorb almost everything, but there are residues left on top. We all know how these residues can feel icky and also emit odor.

-->


Here’s Ladouce. The tampon was able to absorb almost everything and it left very little residue.

This simple test shows that a tampon can be just as absorbent or even better than a regular sanitary pad.

Here are other concerns that you should know regarding Tampons:


-->
WHAT IS TOXIC SHOCK SYNDROME? Toxic Shock Syndrome is caused by the Staph bacteria. You can get TSS from tampon and sanitary pad usage. It is important to note that this condition is rare, but it is still important to educate yourself about it and its symptoms. To prevent the risk of contracting TSS, you have to change tampons (and pads) every 6 hours.
 WILL I LOSE MY VIRGINITY IF I WEAR TAMPONS? The thing is, Virginity is a moral construct, a standard for women created by society. But if for religious reasons, you believe in the concept of virginity, I won’t take that against you and no, you will not lose your virginity when you use tampons just like getting a pap smear. Virginity is related to sexual intercourse and tampon usage is definitely unrelated.


Another great thing about Ladouce tampons is it’s cheaper than the other brands I have used; as mentioned, a pack contains 16 tampons whereas the ones available in most retail shelves only have 8. With other brands, a pack of 8 tampons starts at P125.00 whereas with Ladouce, it starts at P374.00 for a package of 32, two boxes. You’ll spend around P500 for the same volume with other commercial brands. There are various packages for Ladouce available on Lazada; the packages are also on sale at the moment. By February 4, 2018, you can buy Ladouce tampon packs individually at beautymnl.com.

GOOD NEWS! You can try out Ladouce for free at freesamples.ph! :D

Ladouce is available in Shopee and Lazada. Visit ladoucetampons on Twitter, LADOUCE PHILIPPINES on Facebook, and @ladoucetamponsph on Instagram. 

Visit LADOUCE TAMPONS PHILIPPINES OFFICIAL WEBSITE for more information about this brand.

-->
Have you tried tampons already? What are your thoughts?
-->

Post a Comment

19 Comments

  1. I am a Moo Duk Kwan player (karate) and heavy days are really disastrous. Di ako makasipa nang maayos haha. I've never tried tampons before though coz they are too expensive and I dont know how to use them hihi. This is very informative by the way Ms. Martha. Hopefully ma try ko na ang tampons soon hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Ms. M! Very informative! Im afraid to use or try tampons mainly because im afraid i will insert them wrong! And also baka uncomfortable din. But with this post i am now more open to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaaaa narinig ko n Po ito pero di ko alam na Mas okay pala itong gamitin Lalo na pag patapos na ny ibang ntitira sa loob natin mas maganda pala talaga ito.... Thank you Po Ms Martha very helpful nito para sakin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't imagine using them because I grew up wearing sanitary napkins. And yes I was really not so into inserting something and to think that it will be there for a long period of time. But kudos to their brand I saw some know brands that carry tampons and yes they are expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your feedback Ms Martha. Tampons are impossible to find in standard groceries near my place. Glad there's LaDouce. I will definitely give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took practice before I can use tampons of othrr brands. If you can feel it, then it's not properly inserted yet. It was scary at first but eventually I got the hang of it and prefer them over pads whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still in the decision where will I use the tampon or not?. It kinda difficult to travel when you have a period even you have a extra thin napkin. I will consider this in the future

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still in the decision where will I use the tampon or not?. It kinda difficult to travel when you have a period even you have a extra thin napkin. I will consider this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting. Good thing you mentioned TSS as it was the first thing that got in my mind when I read the title. Might consider using tampons if ever I'll be able to get a hand on it.

    Thank you for the very informative write up re tampons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just ordered tampons 2 days ago. I got really curious about it. I saw a brand on a grocery before but I did not bother to buy, because that time I wasn't that educated about it. Before ordering at Lazada, I watched reviews about it. I'm glad that this comparison blog is not as biased as the comparison vlog I've watched. I hope my order will be delivered before my period comes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tampons are being in these days. It's starting to get used by many Filipinas I know. The number of users are increasing. I am still skeptical and scared though. Seeing certain parts in the instruction infographics plus reading them makes me feel weirdly uncomfortable at times hahaha This is very important and informative! Will definitely pin this for future reference! Thanks for this, Ms. Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard about tampons ever since but I only get to have vast info through this post. Thanks Ms. Martha!I just don't know if I would be able to try it though, I've been so used to using sanitary pads. I might try soon! Just to see if I'll be comfortable with it or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Question...can I urinate with this on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our urethral meatus ( where urine is excreted) is different from the vaginal entrance :)

      Delete
  14. I've heard those sa mga movies hehe...I'm pretty scared of using it hahaha, i mean pg pinasok ko baka d ko na makuha huhu! hina ko tlga...peo it's great ah..mas comfy gnyan sa baba kesa nasa panty, pag magdamag na masakit na sa singit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ganyan pla ang Tampon mgwork, naririnig k lng xa, pero ngyn mas alm k n kung panu xa gmitin at mukhng mgnda kc almost un liquid naasorb nia which nkakaamaze kc first time mkita un gnyn test n i-compare ang 2.. the tampon and the sanitary pads. Now bka sumubok n din aq nito which klngn ko lalo't mas mdlas aq s lbas at khit my period itutuly k un session ko, hirap lng kumilos tlga pg mern, bka ngyn mas at ease n aq s pgkilos at pra tuly2 din un session.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a tampon user myself and like you, I get my supply from either Duty Free or SnR.I know they're expensive, but using them was one of the best advices I got. Reading this post about Ladouce helps a lot,because now I know there's another brand that's more affordable and accessible locally. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Galing pala ng tampon na aabsorb nya lahat. Lakasan ng loob na ito. Basta susundin ko ng maigi ang instructions

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)